End of MC contract- Leftover budget

pkMSCA

End of MC contract- Leftover budget

Post by pkMSCA » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Dear all,
I have obtained a MSCA IF in 2018. Since my contract is finishing I was wondering if anyone is familiar with what happens if we don't spend our whole budget of Research, training and networking cost. Do we need to return this money back, does the institution keeps them or these are considered personal money and if not spent they give the money to the fellows upon termination of the contract?
Any advice or help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

MSCA-IF

Re: End of MC contract- Leftover budget

Post by MSCA-IF » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:37 pm

pkMSCA wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:12 pm
Dear all,
I have obtained a MSCA IF in 2018. Since my contract is finishing I was wondering if anyone is familiar with what happens if we don't spend our whole budget of Research, training and networking cost. Do we need to return this money back, does the institution keeps them or these are considered personal money and if not spent they give the money to the fellows upon termination of the contract?
Any advice or help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
You are talking about the indirect costs right? For that, if not all spent the host keeps whatever has is leftover. (For direct costs leftover they would have to return whatever was not used up).

Dodo

Post by Dodo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:26 am

p23 of the Application Guide

https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... -20_en.pdf

'can be used to increase the researcher's salary if not used'

Don't know if you get the sum upon termination though ..

moedimani1

Post by moedimani1 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:01 pm

Dodo is right - I got the remaining money added to my salary when I finished my last MSCA