2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

IF_IAMYOURS

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm

rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:28 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm
rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Actually, I am from the ENG panel and I am in the Ranking phase...

I had Evaluation for 1 day and then it was Ranking (since January 12th)
Did you apply for MSCA-IF-EF-ST?
Yes
I guess my first assumption is correct...I think you got it or atleast you are in ranking list.

elrid

Post by elrid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm

"phase":"EVALUATION","proposal":true,"finished":true
what means ?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm

No one really knows...
elrid wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm
what means ?

Project798132

Post by Project798132 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm

elrid wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm
what means ?
That results are probably going to be announced soon...

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi Guys
I honestly believe that everything we are writing here is mere speculation.
some loose ends in every suggestion here given bring us to nowhere.
for example, some suggests that being currently RANKING might mean that you are above the 70 %, this enter in contradiction with some others that see a stronger argument in the case you were requested to submit the Ethics issues after the evaluation phase (late December) but still in EVALUATION in "the link"
contradictory answers on when the final results would be announced coming from different NCP.
therefore, there is plenty of room for the imagination and different suggestions can come... for instance one more.
not every applicant has seen his status changed to RANKING (thas a fact)
the number of forum members is too small to even suggest that it is representative of the circa 9000 applications (that's a fact)
all phase changes in the application (changed to RANKING) happen the same moment, i.e. during the last maintenance shutdown (not sure about this, but 95% sure)
therefore...
a new interpretation can be that eventually, a new maintenance shutdown will happen and thus, more applications will see their phase changed to RANKING. Why not?
independently of what will happen, I am really glad to do this journey with you Guys, I do believe that the forum makes my waiting less miserable.
meanwhile,
keep calm,
keep hope,
keep writing,
don't lose your head
cheers

rsr

Post by rsr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm
rsr wrote:
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Did you apply for MSCA-IF-EF-ST?
Yes
I guess my first assumption is correct...I think you got it or atleast you are in ranking list.
I'm not sure that it's that simple... I believe I have a good proposal (it is my third submission), but you never know. I suppose once the results are announced we can revisit and see if such assumptions were correct.
Last edited by rsr on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

I agree 100%..
RANKING wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:40 pm
Hi Guys
I honestly believe that everything we are writing here is mere speculation.
some loose ends in every suggestion here given bring us to nowhere.
for example, some suggests that being currently RANKING might mean that you are above the 70 %, this enter in contradiction with some others that see a stronger argument in the case you were requested to submit the Ethics issues after the evaluation phase (late December) but still in EVALUATION in "the link"
contradictory answers on when the final results would be announced coming from different NCP.
therefore, there is plenty of room for the imagination and different suggestions can come... for instance one more.
not every applicant has seen his status changed to RANKING (thas a fact)
the number of forum members is too small to even suggest that it is representative of the circa 9000 applications (that's a fact)
all phase changes in the application (changed to RANKING) happen the same moment, i.e. during the last maintenance shutdown (not sure about this, but 95% sure)
therefore...
a new interpretation can be that eventually, a new maintenance shutdown will happen and thus, more applications will see their phase changed to RANKING. Why not?
independently of what will happen, I am really glad to do this journey with you Guys, I do believe that the forum makes my waiting less miserable.
meanwhile,
keep calm,
keep hope,
keep writing,
don't lose your head
cheers

rsr

Post by rsr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm

rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
rsr wrote:

Yes
I'm not sure that it's that simple... I believe I have a good proposal (it is my third submission), but you never know. I suppose once the results are announced we can revisit and see if such assumptions were correct.
I searched the respective status I had last year. Before sharing, I should let you know that my proposal scored above 80% last year and it was not funded.

Here is what I had last year (22/01/2017):
"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted (above threshold)","proposal":true,"finished":false,"onMainList":false

After 1 day it changed to (23/01/2017):
"phase":"RANKING","status":"Rejected (Low funding)", "finished":false,"onMainList":false

But we don't know the status of proposals that scored below 70%.

So if you don't have the status field, there's no way of knowing what is going on for sure

(The official results were announced on 27/01/2017)

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Can you guys say what you get from this timeline? My understanding is that they send the proposals for ethics review after evaluation, so after proposals have been ranked....the red circle thats say Your Work is addressed to the ethics reviewer. They also write "The ethics appraisal procedure of
Horizon 2020 starts before the evaluation with the applicant self assessment and goes on until the project ends, and even after in case of ex post ethics audit. For the present exercise, the ethics experts are asked to participate in the process at the stage of the Ethics Review, by implementing Ethics Pre-Screenings and Screenings of proposals that are likely to be funded." * Proposals submitted in the scientific panels: Environment & Geosciences, Life Sciences and Social Sciences & Humanities will be subject to a full ethics screening, regardless of the applicants’ selfassessment.

I am curious because if this is true then these hack links are really misleading... :geek:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.19.08.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 23.19.08.png (190.01 KiB) Viewed 10902 times

Amar

Post by Amar » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am

rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm
rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:

I searched the respective status I had last year. Before sharing, I should let you know that my proposal scored above 80% last year and it was not funded.

Here is what I had last year (22/01/2017):
"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted (above threshold)","proposal":true,"finished":false,"onMainList":false

After 1 day it changed to (23/01/2017):
"phase":"RANKING","status":"Rejected (Low funding)", "finished":false,"onMainList":false

But we don't know the status of proposals that scored below 70%.

So if you don't have the status field, there's no way of knowing what is going on for sure

(The official results were announced on 27/01/2017)
Sorry to disturb you - in which link you saw those things?