2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

aberfeldy

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by aberfeldy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 pm

Amar wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:29 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:18 pm
Peripra wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm

My status is still EVALUATION in PHY. So, I feel My Application is Unsuccessful
It is not....GUYS! I cannot believe you still trust this stupid link! It is really impressive...what is your science brain telling you?
This is normal psychological behaviour to handle stress. As i said before - it helps people, even to those who are pretty smart :P
I think it is not normal when you know they are aware of this link and they would not let the same thing happen this year. All proposals will rank at some point even if they will fail. Plus noone has confirmed that they have seen their phase changing from Evaluation to Ranking.

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Amar wrote:
This is normal psychological behaviour to handle stress. As i said before - it helps people, even to those who are pretty smart :P
Whatever helps! I suppose if someone thinks the link says they are out and then they get the funding, they will feel even better about it! My strategy is to assume I do not have it so I won't be disappointed when I am one of the 85% of people who are unsuccessful. In fact I am currently thinking of reasons why I could be given <70% in case that does happen, to make it less of a blow to my ego... In September I was much more hopeful, waiting has made me cynical.

addyrun17

Post by addyrun17 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi have ranking in LIF field

Amar

Post by Amar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 pm

addyrun17 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 pm
Hi have ranking in LIF field
Since when?

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Peripra wrote:
RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

yes, I am one
It is not....GUYS! I cannot believe you still trust this stupid link! It is really impressive...what is your science brain telling you?
Last year I had EVALUATION right to the end and I was rejected (below 70% threshold). Last year they hidden the field "status" that was really informative. Indeed, last year I had "phase": EVALUATION and "status": REJECTED. So it was pretty informative and straightforward. It seems that they have not implemented any change to the database and the web, so people that is still in EVALUATION could have this year a REJECTION in the hidden field "status".
aberfeldy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:45 pm
Amar wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

I think it is not normal when you know they are aware of this link and they would not let the same thing happen this year. All proposals will rank at some point even if they will fail. Plus noone has confirmed that they have seen their phase changing from Evaluation to Ranking.
I can confirm that my application, in both links, has changed from SUBMISSION (9th january) to EVALUATION (10th jan) and then to RANKING (11th jan).

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm

It just makes no sense to question what people want to believe in.
whether the RANKING means anything or not is something that we all will learn with the results. I am pretty sure that no one is singing victory because has RANKING nor crying because is still in EVALUATION.
However, making a hypothesis on the fact that the PHASE status changed for some and not others makes more sense to me (scientifically talking) that assuming that they are playing with us as result of what happens last year.

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 pm

IF ST LIF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Peripra wrote:

Last year I had EVALUATION right to the end and I was rejected (below 70% threshold). Last year they hidden the field "status" that was really informative. Indeed, last year I had "phase": EVALUATION and "status": REJECTED. So it was pretty informative and straightforward. It seems that they have not implemented any change to the database and the web, so people that is still in EVALUATION could have this year a REJECTION in the hidden field "status".

Hi, just by chance, can you find how many days before the announcement day the phase status changed last year. this can bring an insight on when to expect the announcement this year.
aberfeldy wrote:
Amar wrote:

I can confirm that my application, in both links, has changed from SUBMISSION (9th january) to EVALUATION (10th jan) and then to RANKING (11th jan).

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm

RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm
It just makes no sense to question what people want to believe in.
whether the RANKING means anything or not is something that we all will learn with the results. I am pretty sure that no one is singing victory because has RANKING nor crying because is still in EVALUATION.
However, making a hypothesis on the fact that the PHASE status changed for some and not others makes more sense to me (scientifically talking) that assuming that they are playing with us as result of what happens last year.
I agree with you, they may have changed the codes in their database and website and our assumptions will make no sense. However, I don't think that they are playing with us, that is why they hidden the critical information last year. In my case, from my experience last year with the link and the results that other people got, I'm only 100% sure that I will be above the 70% threshold, that's it. No clue about if I will be in the MAINLIST of if my score will be 70.1%.

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm

RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:24 pm
IF ST LIF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:39 pm
aberfeldy wrote:

Hi, just by chance, can you find how many days before the announcement day the phase status changed last year. this can bring an insight on when to expect the announcement this year.
aberfeldy wrote:

No, I don't have a record of what happened last year.

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

beside the RANKING topic.
can anyone find how many days before the announcement day the phase status changed last year? this can bring an insight on when to expect the announcement this year.
cheers.