2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

Rapaz

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by Rapaz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm

In my opinion ranking just means ranking. Then they have to set the thresholds and until then nothing is reliable.

BB8

Post by BB8 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm

Just to clarify: I have Ranking but no Officer name this year. Two years ago (92.4 in RI, on reserve list but not funded) I had Pamela Gorini indicated, who had contacted me for ethical issues. From what I read last year on another forum, they deleted the bug that was indicating Officer names in that link. This year, I wasn't contacted for ethical issues (despite presenting more or less the same project).
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
Are you sure that this is "correct"? I mean, it is not a sort of "hijacking" the website (and they know that we are doing it)? I did it last year. It was quite reliable at the end but I do not know if I want to do it this year. It gets me nervous and it becomes impossible to work :roll:

@BB8, I guess that the fact that you see the name of the officer assigned to your project is actually a good sign...

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Flocci wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 am
Can anyone provide instruction how to get there? I am confused. Is that the link you shared?
Hey. What you need to do is to replace XXX in this link https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... roject/XXX with your proposal ID (it is a number consisting of 6 characters). The you get something that looks like a .txt file and you can read stuff there!

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:11 pm

BB8 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Just to clarify: I have Ranking but no Officer name this year. Two years ago (92.4 in RI, on reserve list but not funded) I had Pamela Gorini indicated, who had contacted me for ethical issues. From what I read last year on another forum, they deleted the bug that was indicating Officer names in that link. This year, I wasn't contacted for ethical issues (despite presenting more or less the same project).
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am
Are you sure that this is "correct"? I mean, it is not a sort of "hijacking" the website (and they know that we are doing it)? I did it last year. It was quite reliable at the end but I do not know if I want to do it this year. It gets me nervous and it becomes impossible to work :roll:

@BB8, I guess that the fact that you see the name of the officer assigned to your project is actually a good sign...
Ok! Yes, it seems to me very unlikely that they didn't fix this after the very chaotic and embarrassing situation of last year. If they didn't fix it the EU deserves Putin :lol:

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 pm

Last year I avoided that link and this year I will avoid it too. I do not want to give myself false hope, and I also don't want to lose the sliver of hope I have. I would rather just get the email that says "Proposal XXXXXX REJECTED" since that is not open to interpretation!

laprofesora

Post by laprofesora » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm

ANGF wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:16 pm
Last year I avoided that link and this year I will avoid it too. I do not want to give myself false hope, and I also don't want to lose the sliver of hope I have. I would rather just get the email that says "Proposal XXXXXX REJECTED" since that is not open to interpretation!
This is the best thing to do IMHO....

DV_ENV

Post by DV_ENV » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi all, I found another link in which they also shows "coordinatorPIC". I was just wondering if it same for all..
Here is the link. As like we did before we have to replace the xxx with project ID
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/xxxxxx
Thanks

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:11 pm

danGFSOC wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm
laprofesora wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm
ANGF wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:37 pm
Hard work will get you so far but we all know from peer review that sometimes we don't express ourselves clearly, reviewers misunderstand our point, we end up in a batch of proposals that are so good that ours seems poor in comparison, or reviewers just don't find our idea interesting. It takes both hard work and luck to get this fellowship.
Very true, I've read a couple of successful proposals in SOC before re-applying and I believe they are very interesting and well-written but they are not genius stuff, nor they are on an unattainable level. Luck is as important as hard work, also if we take into account how evaluation is conducted. :|

Let's hope for the best and prepare for the worst :geek:
I agree with you. This is my third attempt, the second with the same project. The first time I just tried, writing a proposal in 10 days, just to understand how it worked. I got 78. The second time, 2 years later, I worked very hard on another project. I got the same score of the first attempt but the difference was in evaluation and comments: more than 40 points, some very detailed and articulated. I got the impression that they discussed the proposal very in deep and in a very professional and constructive way (maybe with some disagreement among evaluators). I am trying again with the same project and I addressed all the weaknesses. I worked very hard again. But reading other winning proposals I got the clear impression that luck plays a very important role here.
This is my first time and wrote my project proposal in 5 days but still I am hoping to get 95+ :lol:

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:12 pm

DV_ENV wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm
Hi all, I found another link in which they also shows "coordinatorPIC". I was just wondering if it same for all..
Here is the link. As like we did before we have to replace the xxx with project ID
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/xxxxxx
Thanks
What is coordinatorPIC?

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:22 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:12 pm
What is coordinatorPIC?
It's the code that identifies your host institute, you'll see it in the A forms on the "Administrative data" page.