2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

MscaEnv

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by MscaEnv » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Namo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:49 pm
I would suggest to change the rules of MSCA-IF-2019 for the ENG panel at least. Instead of writing those 10 pages, the EC could test its IT system security by giving a challenge to find proposal details :D I think those links and CSS switch off would be nothing compared to the possible outcome.
Everything will be fine, guys.

By the way, my NCP informed me about possible national calls in March-April for Seal of excellence rewarded MSCA proposals. Some of us will get the second chance. Good luck to everyone!

Really? What is second chance?

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:53 pm

I am not sure if every country has Seal of excellence opportunity.
I am applying to Spain, and found no information about it.

good luck to everyone.
finally we are almost there. :ugeek: :geek:
Namo wrote:
I would suggest to change the rules of MSCA-IF-2019 for the ENG panel at least. Instead of writing those 10 pages, the EC could test its IT system security by giving a challenge to find proposal details :D I think those links and CSS switch off would be nothing compared to the possible outcome.

By the way, my NCP informed me about possible national calls in March-April for Seal of excellence rewarded MSCA proposals. Some of us will get the second chance. Good luck to everyone!

hopefulacademic

Post by hopefulacademic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 pm

keep_chr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:53 pm
[/quote]

When you say you apply to Spain, you mean your host is in Spain or you are Spanish?

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm

keep_chr wrote:

good luck to everyone.
Namo wrote:

I had seal of excellence last year and I was on the reserve list. I didn’t find any funding in Spain for seal of excellence... don’t think this year will be different...

Namo

Post by Namo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm

MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Namo wrote:

Some EU countries commit to financing MSCA proposals that do not receive funding but obtain high scores. The funding usually coincides with the standards of MSCA. The cut-off varies from country to country. The national calls often happen after the results of MSCA are released. You just have to submit your old proposal, evaluation reports and some application form.

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 pm

host in Spain.
hopefulacademic wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:55 pm
keep_chr wrote:
When you say you apply to Spain, you mean your host is in Spain or you are Spanish?
[/quote]

Namo

Post by Namo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 pm

IF ST LIF wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm
keep_chr wrote:

good luck to everyone.
Namo wrote:

I had seal of excellence last year and I was on the reserve list. I didn’t find any funding in Spain for seal of excellence... don’t think this year will be different...
Spain finances ERC applications in that way (if you get an A but do not get funding). No, they do not give it to MSCA -IF.

academic_guru

Post by academic_guru » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Namo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:56 pm
MscaEnv wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 pm
Namo wrote:

Some EU countries commit to financing MSCA proposals that do not receive funding but obtain high scores. The funding usually coincides with the standards of MSCA. The cut-off varies from country to country. The national calls often happen after the results of MSCA are released. You just have to submit your old proposal, evaluation reports and some application form.
Well, rarely any opportunity with a seal of excellence.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/research-and- ... ellence_en

Simone

Post by Simone » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm

This seal of excellence is new for me.

I'm reading this:
"All proposals submitted to MSCA individual fellowships which score 85% or above and could not be funded due to a lack of budget are automatically awarded the Seal of Excellence. Certificates are awarded in March each year."

Does it means that we get a certificate even if we don't get funding? Is it something we can add to our CV? Maybe helps for the next MSCA applications...
My country is not providing anything for who achieve the seal of excellence

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm

I think it works for limited countries which provides additional schemes for funding.

Simone wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 pm
This seal of excellence is new for me.

I'm reading this:
"All proposals submitted to MSCA individual fellowships which score 85% or above and could not be funded due to a lack of budget are automatically awarded the Seal of Excellence. Certificates are awarded in March each year."

Does it means that we get a certificate even if we don't get funding? Is it something we can add to our CV? Maybe helps for the next MSCA applications...
My country is not providing anything for who achieve the seal of excellence