Re: 2023 Reserve list (HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by luuu » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 pm

Hi guys, do you know when the ranking position will come out? Thanks~

watermelon

Post by watermelon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:18 pm

watermelon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:31 pm
German NCP refuse to give any information other than my ranking in the reserve list, stating that they are confidential. It doesn't make sense. Why should the number of applications in the main list or the number of applications with a UK host above my cut-off should be confidential? How else can one calculate one's chance of being invited for the grant? So frustrating.
Contacted Netherlands NCP and, thankfully, they gave all the information. I am 7th on the reserve list (assuming applicants with a UK host will be funded by the UK government).

There are obvious mistakes in the 2 weaknesses mentioned in section 3. So, I am just hoping my strong rebuttal letter will help me. Do we know usually how many applicants from the wait list are called?

Thanks to everyone sharing all the information they gather. It would have been impossible to remain sane without this forum.

watermelon

Post by watermelon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 pm

luuu wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 pm
Do you mean your ranking? If you contact the NCP about it, they will let you know.

gincidentallyinquiry

Post by gincidentallyinquiry » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:26 pm

watermelon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:18 pm
watermelon wrote:
German NCP refuse to give any information other than my ranking in the reserve list, stating that they are confidential. It doesn't make sense. Why should the number of applications in the main list or the number of applications with a UK host above my cut-off should be confidential? How else can one calculate one's chance of being invited for the grant? So frustrating.
Contacted Netherlands NCP and, thankfully, they gave all the information. I am 7th on the reserve list (assuming applicants with a UK host will be funded by the UK government).

There are obvious mistakes in the 2 weaknesses mentioned in section 3. So, I am just hoping my strong rebuttal letter will help me. Do we know usually how many applicants from the wait list are called?

Thanks to everyone sharing all the information they gather. It would have been impossible to remain sane without this forum.
I believe if you check the 2022 reserve list forum you can have an idea.

edorla

Post by edorla » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm

For fellow UK proposals on the reserve list:

The UK NCP say they don't have access to the reserve list and therefore cannot check rankings. In theory you could be eligible for UKRI guarantee funding as long as you are invited for the grant agreement preparation at some stage, even if you're originally on the reserve list. However, in previous post-Brexit calls the European Commission has not invited any UK proposals from the reserve list for grant agreement preparation, so unless that changes this year, the NCP say we do not have a chance to receive funding.

So fingers crossed the EC changes their approach this year, but I wouldn't count on it. Pretty frustrating as I've got 95% and am only 0.2% below the EF-ENV cut-off, but so it goes.
Last edited by edorla on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luuu

Post by luuu » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:56 pm

watermelon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:19 pm
luuu wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 pm
Do you mean your ranking? If you contact the NCP about it, they will let you know.
Thank you

ga2134

Post by ga2134 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:39 pm

Is there a way to appeal to the EU to just send the grant agreement preparation to UK reserve list candidates if their number comes up by dropping out? This way they get an opportunity to get UKRI funding without any extra cost to EU. Seems like a sensible thing to do. I am in a similar situation just 0.2 below the cutoff in EF-Phys with 4.8 in excellence. So likely very high on the reserve list.
edorla wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm
For fellow UK proposals on the reserve list:

The UK NCP say they don't have access to the reserve list and therefore cannot check rankings. In theory you could be eligible for UKRI guarantee funding as long as you are invited for the grant agreement preparation at some stage, even if you're originally on the reserve list. However, in previous post-Brexit calls the European Commission has not invited any UK proposals from the reserve list for grant agreement preparation, so unless that changes this year, the NCP say we do not have a chance to receive funding.

So fingers crossed the EC changes their approach this year, but I wouldn't count on it. Pretty frustrating as I've got 95% and am only 0.2% below the EF-ENV cut-off, but so it goes.

glycoglyco

Post by glycoglyco » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 pm

So, is it a sure thing that UK-hosted proposals will have to withdraw and be funded by UKRI? I struggle to understand why those proposals are in the funded list if it was sure (as I am understanding from discussions here) that they would be inelegible.

If someone could explain...

Abbas

Post by Abbas » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm

watermelon wrote:
watermelon wrote:

Thank you for your useful information. I'm in Netherlands too. Could you please help me contacting with NCP? what is you panel and what is you score?

watermelon

Post by watermelon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Abbas wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:30 pm
watermelon wrote:
watermelon wrote:

Thank you for your useful information. I'm in Netherlands too. Could you please help me contacting with NCP? what is you panel and what is you score?
My panel is EF-ENV, and my score is 93. You can find the contact email of NCPs here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tende ... upport/ncp