2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

RomanianFOX

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by RomanianFOX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm

So, at the end I was right :

Guys and girls,

Don't speculate too much about the results of IF since they will not be released this week.

Today I was calling Mrs HELLEVUO K. , the Deputy Head of Unit in the Section 2. Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowships: European of the Research Executive Agency (http://europa.eu/whoiswho/public/index. ... 84&lang=en ).

She told me very clearly that the results of IF will be announced next Monday and Tuesday (29-30 of January). It will take 2 days to send about 9000 e-mails, even using computer schedules.

So, I can recommend you to buy anyway a champagne bottle on Sunday evening :)

Good luck!

Chem-IF

Post by Chem-IF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm

I guess we all from this forum and people who are not in the forum are checking these links at the same time. Lots of traffic...

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 pm

IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm

That is true, the taxation is around 40-45%, at least in Portugal where I was a Fellow.
The other thing that happened to me was that they taxed the Project since the beginning by subtracting 12% of the budget and mobility allowance was also taxed.
Sorry, you have already got this fellowship and you apply again? Is this possible?
I think that sometimes most of the people do not read the terms and conditions of the fellowship they apply for.

First of all, everything is possible, but...
When you get an IF Standard fellowship and you complete it, after 1 year you may apply for the IF-RI (ReIntegration) in order to go back to your country/home Institution.

You cannot apply for an IF-RI if you haven't previously been awarded an IF-ST.
Oh, i had no clue! Thanks for educating me 🙂

IF-RI to IF-SE

Post by IF-RI to IF-SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:39 pm
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

Sorry, you have already got this fellowship and you apply again? Is this possible?
I think that sometimes most of the people do not read the terms and conditions of the fellowship they apply for.

When you get an IF Standard fellowship and you complete it, after 1 year you may apply for the IF-RI (ReIntegration) in order to go back to your country/home Institution.

The most educative thing you can find regarding MSCA Fellowships is the 'Guide for Applicants'.
I advise you all to read it thoroughly and do not depend on anyone's sayings because most people do not have a CLUE!

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm

IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm
klain wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm

After the results people usually forget about this blog for months...
Hopefully no. We need a recap guys (and girls)!

Btw I think tax is between 40-45% for most countries on this level of gross salary...
That is true, the taxation is around 40-45%, at least in Portugal where I was a Fellow.
The other thing that happened to me was that they taxed the Project since the beginning by subtracting 12% of the budget and mobility allowance was also taxed.
what? it is not tax-free!!!!!!!! I don't want it any more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:53 pm

Chem-IF wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:38 pm
I guess we all from this forum and people who are not in the forum are checking these links at the same time. Lots of traffic...
I don't believe in that... typically pages are programmed to receive much more traffic than the one we can provide.
we are at most 9000*3 , thats nothing

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:57 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

What is the source on needing to have an ST before doing RI?
I did not apply for RI (I applied for GF) but the GFA says to be eligible for RI you must (1) be an experienced researcher (i.e. like for all IFs) (2) be a national or long term resident of a member state or associated country and (3) have moved to your beneficiary directly from a Third Country (i.e. not a member state) BUT must not have worked there for more than 36 months in the past 5 years. Nothing about currently doing a Standard Fellowship. This is based on: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participan ... -if_en.pdf pp11-12

IF-RI to IF-SE

Post by IF-RI to IF-SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 pm

ANGF wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:57 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:

What is the source on needing to have an ST before doing RI?
I did not apply for RI (I applied for GF) but the GFA says to be eligible for RI you must (1) be an experienced researcher (i.e. like for all IFs) (2) be a national or long term resident of a member state or associated country and (3) have moved to your beneficiary directly from a Third Country (i.e. not a member state) BUT must not have worked there for more than 36 months in the past 5 years. Nothing about currently doing a Standard Fellowship. This is based on: http://ec.europa.eu/research/participan ... -if_en.pdf pp11-12
So, let me rephrase: 'You can apply for an IF-RI even if you have been previously awarded an IF-ST'

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:10 pm

IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 pm
So, let me rephrase: 'You can apply for an IF-RI even if you have been previously awarded an IF-ST'
Ah yes that's a very different kettle of fish to saying you cannot apply for RI if you have not been awarded an ST!

IF-RI to IF-SE

Post by IF-RI to IF-SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:14 pm

ANGF wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:10 pm
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 pm
Ah yes that's a very different kettle of fish to saying you cannot apply for RI if you have not been awarded an ST!
You know better!