2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Amar

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 pm

mArkangjel wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:18 pm
This decision-making period is taking way too long. I mean, the review results were due in early December. Taking two more months to compile the list is just absurd. But even more than that: unless the commission itself interferes in the scores, the final results were available sometime in December when the reviews were submitted; so why not simply inform us of the score? This way we will at least have some idea of what to expect...
So right. I had no choice but prepare 2 other proposals (time-consuming) because i have no idea what outcome will be.

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:59 pm

Amar wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:32 pm
mArkangjel wrote:
This decision-making period is taking way too long. I mean, the review results were due in early December. Taking two more months to compile the list is just absurd. But even more than that: unless the commission itself interferes in the scores, the final results were available sometime in December when the reviews were submitted; so why not simply inform us of the score? This way we will at least have some idea of what to expect...
So right. I had no choice but prepare 2 other proposals (time-consuming) because i have no idea what outcome will be.
I am currently looking for other opportunities just in case I don’t succeed. Any recommendation for ENG panel proposals? ERC Starting Grant will be apparently announced soon, although I feel it’s quite quite competitive!

mArkangjel

Post by mArkangjel » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Esbesp wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:59 pm
Amar wrote:
mArkangjel wrote:
I am currently looking for other opportunities just in case I don’t succeed. Any recommendation for ENG panel proposals? ERC Starting Grant will be apparently announced soon, although I feel it’s quite quite competitive!
An additional aspect that complicates my circumstances is the fact that I am currently in the US. So the outcome of this proposal will determine the course of my decisions in foreseeable future. I don't know, but being at such important crossroad makes it a lot more difficult for me personally to come up with a solid plan B especially in terms of securing an actual job, in case this proposal is rejected (which is the likelier outcome by a significant margin). I just have a loose idea on which path I will pursue after hearing from EC; that is, in case I get funded, I am DEFINITELLY coming back to Europe :) If I get rejected, things get a bit murkier

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:44 pm

mArkangjel wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm
Esbesp wrote:
Amar wrote:

An additional aspect that complicates my circumstances is the fact that I am currently in the US. So the outcome of this proposal will determine the course of my decisions in foreseeable future. I don't know, but being at such important crossroad makes it a lot more difficult for me personally to come up with a solid plan B especially in terms of securing an actual job, in case this proposal is rejected (which is the likelier outcome by a significant margin). I just have a loose idea on which path I will pursue after hearing from EC; that is, in case I get funded, I am DEFINITELLY coming back to Europe :) If I get rejected, things get a bit murkier
Wouldn't you consider to remain in the US with the government change? I read this today, not sure if this will have real impact though: https://sciencebusiness.net/news/biden- ... his-agenda

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 pm

Esbesp wrote:
Amar wrote:
mArkangjel wrote:
For ENG in the field of Computational biology EMBL fellowships, best groups in Germany. There are some in UK i heard.

Esbesp

Post by Esbesp » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:54 pm

Amar wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 pm
Esbesp wrote:
Amar wrote:

For ENG in the field of Computational biology EMBL fellowships, best groups in Germany. There are some in UK i heard.
Interesting... Thanks!!

mArkangjel

Post by mArkangjel » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:03 pm

Esbesp wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:44 pm
mArkangjel wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm
Esbesp wrote:

Wouldn't you consider to remain in the US with the government change? I read this today, not sure if this will have real impact though: https://sciencebusiness.net/news/biden- ... his-agenda
Well yes, if I don't get the IF then all cards are on the table. The change of government boosts the morale additionally. However, after living here for several years, even before the pandemic, I found myself lamenting about the days I used to live in Scandinavia. That's the primary reason I decided to write this proposal last summer.

Star@434

Post by Star@434 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Esbesp wrote:
Amar wrote:
mArkangjel wrote:
Me too, I am looking for another opportunity. Any recommendation for ENVR panel?

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Star@434 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Esbesp wrote:
Amar wrote:

Me too, I am looking for another opportunity. Any recommendation for ENVR panel?
Check Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) - good place, a lot of positions opened from time to time, multidisciplinary collaborations.

MSCA_CHEM_2019

Post by MSCA_CHEM_2019 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:46 pm

Amar wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:37 pm
Star@434 wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:08 pm
Esbesp wrote:

Check Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) - good place, a lot of positions opened from time to time, multidisciplinary collaborations.
Someone is already working at host institution?