Transfer to New Host University

RamiTabla

Transfer to New Host University

Post by RamiTabla » Fri May 15, 2020 2:55 am

Dear all, I have query if anyone has experience of transfering his fellowship to a new host institution before starting or in the middle of the project. I obtained the MSCA IF in Norway but I havent started yet. I want to transfer the fellowship to Finland as Im currently in Finland with my family and the project can be implemented here successfully. Any advice.
Thanks a lot

Robrad30

Re: Transfer to New Host University

Post by Robrad30 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 pm

I wouldn’t have thought this was possible. The host plays a not insignificant role in your application score so moving institute means having a different unevaluated host. Also, the MSCA specifically requires moving to a different country if you’ve lived in your current country of residence for 12 months or more in the last 3 years.
RamiTabla wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 2:55 am
Dear all, I have query if anyone has experience of transfering his fellowship to a new host institution before starting or in the middle of the project. I obtained the MSCA IF in Norway but I havent started yet. I want to transfer the fellowship to Finland as Im currently in Finland with my family and the project can be implemented here successfully. Any advice.
Thanks a lot

Shapovalov

Post by Shapovalov » Fri May 15, 2020 3:17 pm

You can not transfer your MSCA IF to a different university. Even if the mobility rules were still followed.
The supervisor, host, and 2 way TOK played a sizable role in the review of your proposal. Since these are not relevant for some other grants ( for example, the ERC grants) those can be transferred to a different host.

Though I'm sure there are exceptional circumstances under which you could transfer an MSCA IF. But they would need to be truly exceptional reasons for it (personal family related reasons will not qualify).

GuyFromSpace

Post by GuyFromSpace » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:50 pm

This is an older post, but for future reference: The grant can be transferred, but only as a last resort. Portability is outlined in article 56a of the Grant Agreement. Basically, only the current beneficiary (i.e., the university, not you) can request a change in beneficiary and only if there's a significant issue preventing completion of the project. You can't request a change just because it would be more convenient or advantageous to you.