MSCA-IF awardees in 2018 and academics networking

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: MSCA Successful applications - next steps!

Post by CountZ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:06 pm

I've heard competing answers about this. From my understanding, first of all, MSCA IF is supposed to be your full time job, with no other work being permitted. However, I've seen people integrate teaching as part of their IF grant proposal - successfully.

sci'stache

Post by sci'stache » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 pm

how about holding a travel grant as well as an MSCA?

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Chem-IF wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:27 pm
This means my net salary will be really low (5700-1200 = 4600 - 42% taxes = 2600 - 740 for health insurance = 1860 euros Net salary), which is worst than my current postdoc salary.
Any news on how much the final salary is for each country given taxes?
1860 euros seems way too low for Germany.

sgama

Post by sgama » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:14 pm

1860€??? WTF... and anyone knows about France net income? And Portugal? I am start wondering if it is really worth to try all this work...😵

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 am

Hi,

Do you have any information about MC taxes in Spain?

MSCA-newbie

Post by MSCA-newbie » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello and congrats!

MCSA fellowships in Spain are subject to the Spanish taxation system and thus it will depend on how many dependents you have. If you're single it might be around 30%. Hope this helps.
Where will you be located? I also applied for a Spanish host but don't have the results yet... AGGHHHHHHH
keep_chr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 am
Hi,

keep_chr

Post by keep_chr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi MSCA-newbie,

I am still waiting for results. Host in Valencia. I was reading just for curious, so it is stressful until now, that taxes can be 42 % from income.
I am single.
But 42 % it is robo.

I was trying to find some exemptions in case of residence, like Beckham law, but now sure if it works for contracted researchers.
Also, was looking for if there is any chance to back the taxes. I am not sure that for 24 months I will use all benefits from government taxation system (like pension at least).

Some people suggested also to put the mobility apart from the living part (included to the income).

Just wondering in case of win, if there is any legal chances to reduce rubber percentage.

Good luck to us, seems this midnight we will know results,

best,
keep
MSCA-newbie wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Hello and congrats!

MCSA fellowships in Spain are subject to the Spanish taxation system and thus it will depend on how many dependents you have. If you're single it might be around 30%. Hope this helps.
Where will you be located? I also applied for a Spanish host but don't have the results yet... AGGHHHHHHH
keep_chr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:25 am
Hi,

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 am

Is anyone interested to get this thread back to life? I think it would be helpful to share our questions and how the next steps are moving. And as one said earlier, this forum reminds the good old times of internet! I will miss it! :|

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am

Turpentine wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 am
Is anyone interested to get this thread back to life? I think it would be helpful to share our questions and how the next steps are moving. And as one said earlier, this forum reminds the good old times of internet! I will miss it! :|
Where are you guys on the grant preparation?

Turpentine

Post by Turpentine » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Hi CountZ. This is in the host institution's hand. They have 3 weeks to fill in some info - they take care of that and get back to me if they need to (last news from yesterday). Sorry for all the trouble you guys have with the reviews. I hope you will find a way to talk to the ERC. I thought if you can come up with some constructive suggestions to improve the process, that could improve how your request might be taken. Reviewing 10k applications must be a real challenge... I wish you all the best of luck with this collective step!
CountZ wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:08 am
Turpentine wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:04 am
Where are you guys on the grant preparation?