2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

LazyAnna

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by LazyAnna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:49 am

ST-LIF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:12 am
LazyAnna wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 am
IF--st wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 am
Hi Guys !
Good morning and good luck to everyone.
How many of you are in CHEMISTRY panel with Phase = EVALUATION/RANKING ?

Mine is "RANKING"
Many of the people here are not male, so addressing us as 'guys' is not really appropriate. Maybe use the word 'people' next time to avoid this?
Sorry, if you felt offended. I have probably used it a lot. In my defence though, 'hey guys' in a gender neutral term where i come from (instead of hey y'all) and used often inbetween only girls. So don't jump to conclusions! btw, I'm also a female ;)
I get it that you didn't mean to offend anyone. I am also curious where you are from, I am half-American myself, so as a native speaker I am a bit more sensitive to the words people use. I believe words matter a great deal, and we should be careful how we use them. Just try to address the room full of men with 'Hi ladies', and see how many will correct you. This being sad, let's get back to speculation about the Marie Curie :)))

LazyAnna

Post by LazyAnna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:52 am

FuriousAcademic wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:46 am
LazyAnna wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:30 am
IF--st wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 am
Hi Guys !
Good morning and good luck to everyone.
How many of you are in CHEMISTRY panel with Phase = EVALUATION/RANKING ?

Mine is "RANKING"
Many of the people here are not male, so addressing us as 'guys' is not really appropriate. Maybe use the word 'people' next time to avoid this?
Maybe he wants to greet only the male participants of this forum? In many Muslim countries is common for males not to shake hands/greet females, are you a racist?
Bahahaha, duuuuude. If the person wants to greet only the male participants of the forum, they should most definitely not be applying for a Marie Curie, since she was a woman. See what I did there, 1.0, and I am not even furious :) Also, the woman making this comment clarified her position above, so issue closed in my opinion.

agido

Post by agido » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am

Just out of curiosity - I'm puzzled on how the evaluation/ranking process is implemented. I can understand that evaluation has to be done one by one, with possibly someone on the other side entering the scores. But when we get to ranking it should be done at the same time for all the proposals in a certain panel. It's just sorting proposals order according to the score (already assigned) and setting a threshold for funded and reserve lists. This seems to be an automatic process without the need for additional data entry, once the funded and reserve list thresholds are set. How can it be that in the same panel you have one proposal at evaluation and another at ranking?

John-EF

Post by John-EF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 am

agido wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:55 am
Just out of curiosity - I'm puzzled on how the evaluation/ranking process is implemented. I can understand that evaluation has to be done one by one, with possibly someone on the other side entering the scores. But when we get to ranking it should be done at the same time for all the proposals in a certain panel. It's just sorting proposals order according to the score (already assigned) and setting a threshold for funded and reserve lists. This seems to be an automatic process without the need for additional data entry, once the funded and reserve list thresholds are set. How can it be that in the same panel you have one proposal at evaluation and another at ranking?
Hello guys, can anyone send me the link to check the status? Greetings from Mexico.

agido

Post by agido » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am

John-EF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 am
agido wrote:
Hello guys, can anyone send me the link to check the status? Greetings from Mexico.
It's this one https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/xxxxxx where you have to replace xxxxxx with your project ID number

John-EF

Post by John-EF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 am

agido wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:21 am
John-EF wrote:
agido wrote:
It's this one https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/xxxxxx where you have to replace xxxxxx with your project ID number
Thanks, in ranking phase.

Amar

Post by Amar » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am

John-EF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:25 am
agido wrote:
John-EF wrote:

What is your panel?

John-EF

Post by John-EF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 am

Amar wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:33 am
John-EF wrote:
agido wrote:

What is your panel?
ENGG bro!

InfoCom

Post by InfoCom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am

John-EF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 am
Amar wrote:
John-EF wrote:

What is your panel?
ENGG bro!
When did you submit proposal? Someone was saying those who submitted at very last moments of deadline are in evaluation phase. But I feel like all these are just speculations.
Last edited by InfoCom on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

John-EF

Post by John-EF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:52 am

InfoCom wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:50 am
John-EF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:45 am
Amar wrote:

What is your panel?
ENGG bro!
When did you submitted proposal? Someone was saying those who submitted at very last moments of deadline are in evaluation phase.
Last draft, 10 min before the deadline.