2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by CountZ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Happy new year everybody! Best wishes for the new year and fingers crossed for MSCA! :D

@Amar: They send out notifications by email when the results are available online.

@Aberfeldy: Cool! Hopefully that's a good sign! The funding rates per fellowship actually differ a lot on each panel, but it's generally between 12-17% I've found. When they asked for ethics information, did they ask you to add specific information that you flagged but left out? Or did they want you to elaborate on what you had already written?

Any past recipients have a similar email about ethics?

Lucky2018

Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Template

Post by Lucky2018 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm

Hi All, recently I realized I didnot really follow the template for my proposal. I thought the template is set for evaluation and didnot follow the order of three sections. The host didnot point out the problem for me either. Would that affect my fate for being evaluated fairly? I know I probably have added difficulties for evaluators, just wanna ask if anyone run into the same problem in the past.

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Template

Post by CountZ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 pm

Lucky2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm
Hi All, recently I realized I didnot really follow the template for my proposal. I thought the template is set for evaluation and didnot follow the order of three sections. The host didnot point out the problem for me either. Would that affect my fate for being evaluated fairly? I know I probably have added difficulties for evaluators, just wanna ask if anyone run into the same problem in the past.
Depends on how far out you were from the template and how you covered the sections. The evaluators mark proposals on the things the headings ask for. You don't have to follow the template - I left out a heading myself because its content was covered in another section.

Lucky2018

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Template

Post by Lucky2018 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:39 am

CountZ wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 pm
Lucky2018 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:14 pm
Depends on how far out you were from the template and how you covered the sections. The evaluators mark proposals on the things the headings ask for. You don't have to follow the template - I left out a heading myself because its content was covered in another section.
Thank you for your feedback. I was really worried. I had no experience and didnot study the general template people have been using. Just felt pity if I fail the application because of the formatting issue. It probably depends how evaluators judge it.

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 am

This is my first time to apply for EU fellowship. My host institutions are in UK and my project proposal ask 100% EU contribution. I am a little bit concern what BREXIT and ask for 100% from EU can effect my application? :|

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 am

aberfeldy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Hi guys! Happy holidays y'all! My stress got me to this forum :P I thought to ask you if you have any ideas about my status. I applied with EF-SE (LIF) and a week ago I got a follow up asking me to submit more info for my ethics section - attachments etc. They only gave me 2 weeks to upload it all on. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign....Also, based on the budget 10M and 173 proposals being submitted...how many you think will be funded? My round estimate is 55...so 31% success rate, which is lower than last year...

Btw, it is my first ever fellowship application so adrenaline is properly on! :D
Hi there! I know other cases like yours. Some of which I read of and one I know personally. It is very highly probable (I would say, almost sure) that you got it! :)
Just an info. Did you leave the ethics section empty or almost empty?

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 am

I found the guide for the ethics experts that explains the process:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/fi ... 2017_2.pdf.

It does say that ethics reviews are conducted for "proposals likely to be funded", so maybe danGFSOC is right.

flynix

Post by flynix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:07 pm

IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 am
This is my first time to apply for EU fellowship. My host institutions are in UK and my project proposal ask 100% EU contribution. I am a little bit concern what BREXIT and ask for 100% from EU can effect my application? :|
Brexit won't affect this year's call. Any btw it's normal that MSCA grants cover 100%... Are you talking about a different grant?

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:47 pm

flynix wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:07 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:36 am
Brexit won't affect this year's call. Any btw it's normal that MSCA grants cover 100%... Are you talking about a different grant?
@flynix thank you for your response. I am talking about MSCA. Actually I contacted PI just 10 days before the closing date and he told me if I had contacted him a bit earlier than he might have included indigenous department fund support to enhance the chance of acceptance.

flynix

Post by flynix » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Ah ok that makes sense. A host can "top-up" the EU contribution but I'm not sure they can replace it. In any case, you won't be penalized for that ;)