2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

Reserve

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by Reserve » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am

Hello guys and girls, I am following the forum, although I did not apply in the 2017 call. I applied in 2016 and my proposal was put on reserve list. So after waiting 18 months in total I still did not receive final decision, although the information letter clearly states that I will be informed and this is not the final decision. I don’t fool myself that it will be funded, but still, I wanted to close this page long time ago and move on....
Anyway, I write you to share my observation about how they inform. In my host institute last year, the rejected ones got the email first, early morning on the 27th, I got my email around midday (reserve), then I spoke with the manager of the institute and he told me that the emails for all the applications but one had arrived. The email for this last one was received in the afternoon, around 4 pm and it was acceptance letter. So I don't think they inform first the high scored ones, rather the other way around, but might be just a coincidence… and in my opinion emailing to all the applicants takes time, may be 20 hours.
I wish you good luck with your proposals :) and whatever the output is, life goes on, keep strong and continue your research ;)

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am

Rapaz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:50 am
Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:49 am
Rapaz wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:44 am

Me too. I´m in Houston, with flu, in bed and wanted to prepare some material for work, but I´m affraid I won´t be able to focus on that :D
I wish you feel better.
Thanks ;) :D
My friend, how do you feel today?

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Reserve wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am
Hello guys and girls, I am following the forum, although I did not apply in the 2017 call. I applied in 2016 and my proposal was put on reserve list. So after waiting 18 months in total I still did not receive final decision, although the information letter clearly states that I will be informed and this is not the final decision. I don’t fool myself that it will be funded, but still, I wanted to close this page long time ago and move on....
Anyway, I write you to share my observation about how they inform. In my host institute last year, the rejected ones got the email first, early morning on the 27th, I got my email around midday (reserve), then I spoke with the manager of the institute and he told me that the emails for all the applications but one had arrived. The email for this last one was received in the afternoon, around 4 pm and it was acceptance letter. So I don't think they inform first the high scored ones, rather the other way around, but might be just a coincidence… and in my opinion emailing to all the applicants takes time, may be 20 hours.
I wish you good luck with your proposals :) and whatever the output is, life goes on, keep strong and continue your research ;)
Thank you for sharing with us your experience.
I really do think that you should require official answer in order to close the loop.

henwen

Post by henwen » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi all, I have "Final" as my status. Does anyone know what this might indicate? I seen lots of people with evaluation or ranking but no one has mentioned a "final" status, have they? Thanks.

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:42 pm

henwen wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:34 pm
Hi all, I have "Final" as my status. Does anyone know what this might indicate? I seen lots of people with evaluation or ranking but no one has mentioned a "final" status, have they? Thanks.
I think everyone has "final" as their project status on the My Proposals page, the status people are talking about is in a backdoor link that you will find elsewhere in this thread.
Since so many NCPs said it would be next week I guess we must wait until then. But I did look at my emails - and this forum - first thing this morning!

IF-RI to IF-SE

Post by IF-RI to IF-SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:07 pm
klain wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm

hahhaha maybe wait til tomorrow to ask this question if relevant? ;)
After the results people usually forget about this blog for months...
Hopefully no. We need a recap guys (and girls)!

Btw I think tax is between 40-45% for most countries on this level of gross salary...
That is true, the taxation is around 40-45%, at least in Portugal where I was a Fellow.
The other thing that happened to me was that they taxed the Project since the beginning by subtracting 12% of the budget and mobility allowance was also taxed.

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm

IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
klain wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:59 pm

After the results people usually forget about this blog for months...

Btw I think tax is between 40-45% for most countries on this level of gross salary...
That is true, the taxation is around 40-45%, at least in Portugal where I was a Fellow.
The other thing that happened to me was that they taxed the Project since the beginning by subtracting 12% of the budget and mobility allowance was also taxed.
Sorry, you have already got this fellowship and you apply again? Is this possible?

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:29 pm

my FO and links still not working

Flocci1_SE

Post by Flocci1_SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:36 pm

None of the links work now. I don't know what is happening

IF-RI to IF-SE

Post by IF-RI to IF-SE » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:37 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 pm
IF-RI to IF-SE wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:25 pm
aberfeldy wrote:

Sorry, you have already got this fellowship and you apply again? Is this possible?
I think that sometimes most of the people do not read the terms and conditions of the fellowship they apply for.

First of all, everything is possible, but...
When you get an IF Standard fellowship and you complete it, after 1 year you may apply for the IF-RI (ReIntegration) in order to go back to your country/home Institution.

You cannot apply for an IF-RI if you haven't previously been awarded an IF-ST.