2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

danGFSOC

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by danGFSOC » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Satrius wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:21 pm
danGFSOC wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:54 pm
In the last 3 years results were always sent by email on Fridays (January 22 and 27 in 2016 and 2017, February 6 in 2015). Maybe this year the same? So I guess January 19, 26 or February 2. Unlikely January 12 if they are still checking ethics issues as it seems.
Yes I guess you are right, more or less these are the dates. I have not found other online forum or discussions neither on social networks for 2017, if you have... share :D
For 2015 and 2017 I know it from my emails :). But you can check it on the ec website. When results are announced a "flash information sheet" is published on the call webpage and you can check the date.

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:22 pm

danGFSOC wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:52 am
aberfeldy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Hi guys! Happy holidays y'all! My stress got me to this forum :P I thought to ask you if you have any ideas about my status. I applied with EF-SE (LIF) and a week ago I got a follow up asking me to submit more info for my ethics section - attachments etc. They only gave me 2 weeks to upload it all on. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign....Also, based on the budget 10M and 173 proposals being submitted...how many you think will be funded? My round estimate is 55...so 31% success rate, which is lower than last year...

Btw, it is my first ever fellowship application so adrenaline is properly on! :D
Hi there! I know other cases like yours. Some of which I read of and one I know personally. It is very highly probable (I would say, almost sure) that you got it! :)
Just an info. Did you leave the ethics section empty or almost empty?

Hey! Thanks for your positive comment :) I wrote one page for the ethics and attached some ethic approval forms. However in their comments they ask me to clarify things that I already wrote inthis one page. They also wanted clarification re approval forms...if i intend to use the old ones or make new...I send my response already so now I m waiting...so stressful! Can you tellmw more about the other case you knew? Was it similar to what I told you? In my portal btw it says that my proposal is in Grant Management and also that the day of official information is the 14th february. So I guess this is the day we will hear... valentines day special 😆

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:25 pm

flynix wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:03 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Hi guys! Happy holidays y'all! My stress got me to this forum :P I thought to ask you if you have any ideas about my status. I applied with EF-SE (LIF) and a week ago I got a follow up asking me to submit more info for my ethics section - attachments etc. They only gave me 2 weeks to upload it all on. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign....Also, based on the budget 10M and 173 proposals being submitted...how many you think will be funded? My round estimate is 55...so 31% success rate, which is lower than last year...

Btw, it is my first ever fellowship application so adrenaline is properly on! :D
That's super interesting and the first time I've heard of that. In the Guide for Evaluators it says
"After the scientific evaluation, the proposal will be reviewed by ethics experts."
I wouldn't read too much into it though. The threshold is 70% and then proposals are funded until there is money. I would think from this that all proposals rated over 70 would be considered for an ethics review. (my guess)
This is what I keep thinking to not get too excited. I guess it is better to be prepared fpr the worst! I thought perhaps I did not detail things as well as I should in the ethics section so they just needed more info...

Flocci

Post by Flocci » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm

Mine also says 14th of February as the announcement day
aberfeldy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:22 pm
danGFSOC wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

Hi there! I know other cases like yours. Some of which I read of and one I know personally. It is very highly probable (I would say, almost sure) that you got it! :)

Hey! Thanks for your positive comment :) I wrote one page for the ethics and attached some ethic approval forms. However in their comments they ask me to clarify things that I already wrote inthis one page. They also wanted clarification re approval forms...if i intend to use the old ones or make new...I send my response already so now I m waiting...so stressful! Can you tellmw more about the other case you knew? Was it similar to what I told you? In my portal btw it says that my proposal is in Grant Management and also that the day of official information is the 14th february. So I guess this is the day we will hear... valentines day special 😆

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 pm

Same for me too. Bu I think that is a final date rather than the exact announcement date.
Flocci wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
danGFSOC wrote:

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:03 am

aberfeldy wrote:
danGFSOC wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

For the results announcement day, I think we will know it before like it happened in the last three years. The case I know was in the SOC panel and was a project on fertility (more or less), so quite ethic-sensitive (personal data, etc). She wrote very little on ethics and they ask her for expanding more (and she got the grant). For your panel I think, and maybe depending on the topic of your project, ethic issues are even more relevant. In any case in the guide for ethics evaluators that someone posted on this forum it is written that ethics is checked only for proposals that are likely to be funded (p 4) and that "exceptionally" (p 31) evaluators can ask applicants for clarification before results are announced. Maybe the ethics dimension of your project is relevant and before the green light they wanted to know more about it. Good luck!!!!

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:43 pm

danGFSOC wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:03 am
aberfeldy wrote:
danGFSOC wrote:

For the results announcement day, I think we will know it before like it happened in the last three years. The case I know was in the SOC panel and was a project on fertility (more or less), so quite ethic-sensitive (personal data, etc). She wrote very little on ethics and they ask her for expanding more (and she got the grant). For your panel I think, and maybe depending on the topic of your project, ethic issues are even more relevant. In any case in the guide for ethics evaluators that someone posted on this forum it is written that ethics is checked only for proposals that are likely to be funded (p 4) and that "exceptionally" (p 31) evaluators can ask applicants for clarification before results are announced. Maybe the ethics dimension of your project is relevant and before the green light they wanted to know more about it. Good luck!!!!
My project is also in fertility field....LIF though! Let's see what happens...Looks like this panel does not have a reserve list so it is the only chance really - I can also apply next year if it won't get funded I guess (24 month cap for mobility and I am 1 year in my host already).

Fingers crossed for everyone! I will keep checking this forum so please do give a shout if you have any info re the results. Thanks so much for all the moral support! ;D

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm

ATBGF2017 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 pm
Same for me too. Bu I think that is a final date rather than the exact announcement date.
Flocci wrote:
aberfeldy wrote:

Are you guys talking about this date?Image
By the way I didn't receive any notification about ethics issue etc. and my status is still "Final" . should I be optimistic?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Yes, this is what I am talking about.
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 pm
Flocci wrote:

Are you guys talking about this date?Image
By the way I didn't receive any notification about ethics issue etc. and my status is still "Final" . should I be optimistic?

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:56 pm

That's the official announcement date - meaning that this is the date by which the European Commission commits to giving out results. But historically, as has been said, they give them out a few weeks earlier. So that's just the latest date. :)