2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

laprofesora

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by laprofesora » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 am

I'm starting to have trouble sleeping at night thinking about the results... last year in IF-ST/SOC I got a mere 85, this year I tried to up my game and submitted a completely different (and snappier) project. I've done a lot of research and I feel I've learned so much about this application, but will it be enough? I may not get a MSCA Fellowship but for sure I'm getting an ulcer. :?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:00 am

That sounds exactly like my life nowadays... :cry:
laprofesora wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 am
I'm starting to have trouble sleeping at night thinking about the results... last year in IF-ST/SOC I got a mere 85, this year I tried to up my game and submitted a completely different (and snappier) project. I've done a lot of research and I feel I've learned so much about this application, but will it be enough? I may not get a MSCA Fellowship but for sure I'm getting an ulcer. :?

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

laprofesora wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:19 am
I'm still trying to think about it only once a day in the morning... But due to the history of Friday announcements, I have planned all upcoming weekends with fun activities to either celebrate or recover from the bad news :D

Btw, the people who are reapplying, can you tell us what exactly will we receive on that date? Reviewers comments? our points? our position in terms of A/B/C?

Amar

Post by Amar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am

I feel that it is helpfull to talk with you all guys! We are helping each other to handle this stress situation. Telling our stories, someone's experience... it is a good forum.
Really.
Btw, i have a question about researcher CV part. Do you know if the number of published atticles is/ can be a major factor/ can reduce the chances?
I know that is nice to have as much as you can.
But is there someone who knows people that received the scholarship or rejected due to the numbers of published studies?
Is there some number, NLT?
Once again thank you all.

MSCAIF ENG 2017

Post by MSCAIF ENG 2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

@AMAR

It depends on the no of years of experience you have after Ph.D. If you are a fresh Ph.D, then no of papers really does not matter. But at the same time, in the "capacity of the researcher to reach a position of independence " you have to justify your capability to reach independence.
However, the no of papers matters when you are applying years later after receiving Ph.D. This shows your active involvement in research.

Btw, waiting for the results eagerly, Fingercrossed... :D

Amar

Post by Amar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:41 am

Thank you very much for your answer .
Do you think my participation in industrial innovations will give me more chances than 4 papers that were published?
Btw, if i stated that one paper is going to be submited (now it is actually accepted to the journal), you think they will count it?

MSCAIF ENG 2017

Post by MSCAIF ENG 2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 am

According to me, it is perfectly fine to say that "paper is going to be submitted to a certain journal". In my case, one of my paper was under review and one manuscript was ready to be submitted, I also mentioned that.

MSCAIF ENG 2017

Post by MSCAIF ENG 2017 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am

@ST LIF

You will receive your score and reviwer's comments during the result announcement.

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

@MSCAIF ENG 2017

Thanks! So how do we figure out where we stand in terms of funding chances with our score? Do they separately send you the cut-offs at the same time or is that at a later point?

I can imagine if you get a 91/92, it would be quite frustrating...the score is sort of good but maybe not good enough...

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:58 am

IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:48 pm
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 pm
Same for me too. Bu I think that is a final date rather than the exact announcement date.
Flocci wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:52 pm
Mine also says 14th of February as the announcement day

Are you guys talking about this date?Image
By the way I didn't receive any notification about ethics issue etc. and my status is still "Final" . should I be optimistic?
Maybe you already gave them good enough detail re your ethics. Is your project LIF?

Who else is SE-LIF here? It is pretty nerve-racking to know that people apply multiple times and they score so high yet fail to get funded. It is my first time so knowing that I feel like I should not be optimistic.