2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

ANGF

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by ANGF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm

So who else is finding it difficult to focus on work? I wish I had some repetitive data processing task to do now but I have to write a paper and it is very difficult to get into a state of "flow" with it since I am always thinking about the MSCA. Even though I know I have probably been rejected, I have this sliver of hope that maybe I will have the MSCA, and not need to worry about applying for other things.

LazyAnna

Post by LazyAnna » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Yeap, I also think everyone has the same fields, and they don't mean anything: "isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pm

I have the same problem. It became impossible for me to focus on anything "academic.

ANGF wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm
So who else is finding it difficult to focus on work? I wish I had some repetitive data processing task to do now but I have to write a paper and it is very difficult to get into a state of "flow" with it since I am always thinking about the MSCA. Even though I know I have probably been rejected, I have this sliver of hope that maybe I will have the MSCA, and not need to worry about applying for other things.

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm

ST-LIF wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:08 pm
Ani wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm

I think every one has true value for this field at this stage.
Can anyone else confirm it?
I also think everyone currently has : "isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true
these fields are probably updated after the results are out.
I entered the proposal ID of my last year proposal (which was rejected) and it shows the same "isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true message. I don't mean to stress you people but it seems that this message ("isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true) is an indication of the rejection. Off course, the official decision will be announced later on when all the results in the system will be upload.

AK_MSCA

Post by AK_MSCA » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Ani wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm
ST-LIF wrote:
Ani wrote:

I entered the proposal ID of my last year proposal (which was rejected) and it shows the same "isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true message. I don't mean to stress you people but it seems that this message ("isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true) is an indication of the rejection. Off course, the official decision will be announced later on when all the results in the system will be upload.
I entered the proposal ID of my last year proposal (which was rejected, score-86%) for present link but link does not work.

pkem

Post by pkem » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:49 pm

AK_MSCA wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm
Ani wrote:
ST-LIF wrote:

I entered the proposal ID of my last year proposal (which was rejected, score-86%) for present link but link does not work.
Rather, these fields just indIcate your privileges. Whether you have Signed the GA or you canDecline to Sign GA. Probably, these fields have no relation with ranking status of one's proposal.

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm

I wish and strongly hope so!

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Ani wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:53 pm
I wish and strongly hope so!
I think the strongest argument against these fields indicating funding is that noone has seen anything else there. It's very unlikely that none of the blog people will get funded.

SOC-2018

Post by SOC-2018 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 pm

Ani wrote:
ST-LIF wrote:
Ani wrote:

I think we should be looking for meaningful differences between our data fields and those of the applicants rejected last year. Apparently, everybody has("isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true) in their data field right now, so we should be looking "not" for similarities but for differences! Here is an example of a data field of a rejected application last year:

programme":"H2020","canAddMessage":false,"canAccessProjectMessages":true,"canViewAmend":true,"canStartAmend":true,"canViewGAT":false,"canStartGAT":false,"canSendFN":true,"isFP7":false,"isCoordinator":true,"isNotFPA":true,"isCOSME":false,"isMSCAIF":true,"isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true,"canStartAmendBasedOnPrev":true,"canUseHdsDocumentDownload":true,"canUseDocumentAuditTrail":true}

And here is mine:

"programme":"H2020","canAddMessage":true,"canAccessProjectMessages":true,"canStartAmend":false,"canStartGAT":false,"canSendFN":false,"isFP7":false,"isCoordinator":false,"isFromCoordinator":false,"isNotFPA":true,"isCOSME":false,"isMSCAIF":true,"isMSCACofund":false,"isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true,"canStartAmendBasedOnPrev":false,"canUseDocumentAuditTrail":true}

Since I have "Phase: RANKING" on my field and there are apparent differences compared to the rejected application last year, I have reasonable cause to assume that my application is not (yet) rejected! :geek: ;)

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:38 pm

I think it is foolish to try interpret these links but if it helps you go on...here is mine for you to get more paranoid: "duration":"24","phase":"EVALUATION","proposal":true,"finished":false},"budget":{"ecContribution":"180277.20","totalBudget":"180277.20"},"actions":{},"contacts:
{},"programme":"H2020","canAddMessage":true,"canAccessProjectMessages":true,"canStartAmend":false,"canStartGAT":false,"canSendFN":false,"isFP7":false,"isCoordinator":false,"isFromCoordinator":false,"isNotFPA":true,"isCOSME":false,"isMSCAIF":true,"isMSCACofund":false,"isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true,"canStartAmendBasedOnPrev":false,"canUseDocumentAuditTrail":true}

All proposals will get ranked when they get around them...I find it sad to try to understand the rest. I spoke with my grant office and they told me that they expect communication in a couple of weeks. They have plenty of time to update their systems.

Regarding ethics, I read on another forum that somebody got contacted 11th January for additional info last year - he was on the reserve list finally. I got contacted one month earlier that he did this year - not sure if that means 1. Main list, 2. reserve list or 3. my proposal cause confusion on ethics so they send it off for review even if it was under threshold (strange but... :roll: ). It is quite interesting that they still checked ethics mid January last year...

Looking forward to the results at this point to get some work done in peace finally!
Last edited by aberfeldy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.