2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

Ani

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Amar wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:17 am
rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 pm
rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm not sure that it's that simple... I believe I have a good proposal (it is my third submission), but you never know. I suppose once the results are announced we can revisit and see if such assumptions were correct.
I searched the respective status I had last year. Before sharing, I should let you know that my proposal scored above 80% last year and it was not funded.

Here is what I had last year (22/01/2017):
"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted (above threshold)","proposal":true,"finished":false,"onMainList":false

After 1 day it changed to (23/01/2017):
"phase":"RANKING","status":"Rejected (Low funding)", "finished":false,"onMainList":false

But we don't know the status of proposals that scored below 70%.

So if you don't have the status field, there's no way of knowing what is going on for sure

(The official results were announced on 27/01/2017)
Sorry to disturb you - in which link you saw those things?
Where you see this status? I can see only if I hover the cursor at the process time line in My Proposals section. It still shows "Evaluation (0%)". Are you looking at the these status through the same procedure as I am or some other way? Thanks and wish you all the success!

rsr

Post by rsr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm

Amar wrote:
rsr wrote:
rsr wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm not sure that it's that simple... I believe I have a good proposal (it is my third submission), but you never know. I suppose once the results are announced we can revisit and see if such assumptions were correct.
I searched the respective status I had last year. Before sharing, I should let you know that my proposal scored above 80% last year and it was not funded.

"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted (above threshold)","proposal":true,"finished":false,"onMainList":false

"phase":"RANKING","status":"Rejected (Low funding)", "finished":false,"onMainList":false

So if you don't have the status field, there's no way of knowing what is going on for sure

I didn't use the links now for my last year proposal, I had saved the results back then. I had used the link:
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/XXXXXX

The status field is hidden this year to keep the results private. Last year, we were able to see the status field (probably by mistake or ignorance).

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:14 pm

rsr wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm
Amar wrote:
rsr wrote:

"I didn't use the links now for my last year proposal, I had saved the results back then. I had used the link:
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... ect/XXXXXX

The status field is hidden this year to keep the results private. Last year, we were able to see the status field (probably by mistake or ignorance).
".
I think this year, it is only the way of showing the results which has changed. Replace XXXXXX with your proposal number in the above link in browser bar. Those who know a bit comp programming they can still get the message which will appear. Just see the second last line where you can see something like: isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true
I guess the message that appeared in my case (pasted above) shows that they will not proceed with grant agreement which means that probably proposal is not successful.

jezza

Post by jezza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm

This is what someone wrote last year regarding the last year link information....
I think the meaning is clear except that this year we can't see the STATUS field. No way to find out in advance our fate...

stuffx 11 months ago

Just to summarize from educated guesses plus several other posts:

The original version of the link contained statuses (but no longer does, so don’t worry if you don’t see any). It’s pretty clear by now that the database on the website is being updated incrementally, which is why the phases and statuses of everyone as of Sunday night were:

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted (above threshold)"

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Accepted"

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"EVALUATION","status":"Rejected"

The evaluation phase is first, and the status “Accepted (above threshold)” refers to the 70% minimum quality threshold. The “Accepted” category could be proposals that were eligible, but below 70%, and “Rejected” could be proposals that were deemed ineligible for some reason (but again, that’s not clear from the context). Presumably these categories were filled out on the website as soon as the evaluation rankings were done, and it was only noticed this weekend.

The problem now is that it’s non-trivial to decide the financial thresholds, which determine which proposals get funding. Since there are multiple disciplines, each with a different pot of money, a different number of proposals, and different requested budgets, all of these things need to be factored together before the MSCA folks can determine whether the financial threshold is, say, 90.1 vs 87.8 in the various categories. Once they’ve figured that out, only then can the proposals above the 70% threshold be taken into the “RANKING” phase and assigned a status that gives us some indication of the outcome.

This is why on Monday morning, some proposals were updated to:

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"RANKING","status":"Main list"

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"RANKING","status":"Reserved"

"submissionStage":0,"phase":"RANKING","status":"Rejected (Low funding)"

Shameless speculation: this may also why they can’t just release everyone’s results right now, because they’re probably still deciding the financial thresholds for some categories, and they need to officially notify everyone at once. It’s also not fair to get upset with the MSCA folks for this snafu. Yes, it was really poor programming, but no one made us look at that link.

jezza

Post by jezza » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:41 pm

...and I think that "is SGA"= false, means if the Grant Agreement is signed or not...which is obviously false at this stage..

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm

"SGA"= false mean Specific Grant Agreement will not be offered. Take it together with the next syntax:"canDeclineSignGA":true. It seems that the GA for this proposal can (will) be declined.
Last edited by Ani on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IF_IAMYOURS

Post by IF_IAMYOURS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Ani wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm
Take it together with the next syntax:"canDeclineSignGA":true. It seems that the GA for this proposal can (will) be declined.
I think every one has true value for this field at this stage.

Ani

Post by Ani » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pm

IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm
Ani wrote:
Take it together with the next syntax:"canDeclineSignGA":true. It seems that the GA for this proposal can (will) be declined.
Can anyone else confirm it?

carti

Post by carti » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 pm

true for me too

on another note, please see the indicative timeline for the reviewers in the attached .jpg and also:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/fi ... _2017_.pdf

I guess we should have the results early Feb..
Attachments
MSCA applications timeline 2017.JPG
MSCA applications timeline 2017.JPG (68.46 KiB) Viewed 11488 times

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Ani wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pm
IF_IAMYOURS wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm
Ani wrote:
Can anyone else confirm it?
I also think everyone currently has : "isSGA":false,"canDeclineSignGA":true
these fields are probably updated after the results are out.