2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

aberfeldy

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by aberfeldy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 pm

IF ST LIF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm
RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm
It just makes no sense to question what people want to believe in.
whether the RANKING means anything or not is something that we all will learn with the results. I am pretty sure that no one is singing victory because has RANKING nor crying because is still in EVALUATION.
However, making a hypothesis on the fact that the PHASE status changed for some and not others makes more sense to me (scientifically talking) that assuming that they are playing with us as result of what happens last year.
I agree with you, they may have changed the codes in their database and website and our assumptions will make no sense. However, I don't think that they are playing with us, that is why they hidden the critical information last year. In my case, from my experience last year with the link and the results that other people got, I'm only 100% sure that I will be above the 70% threshold, that's it. No clue about if I will be in the MAINLIST of if my score will be 70.1%.
Ok, so I should assume that my proposal is rejected....will confirm in few days! However I do find weird that they asked me to provide more info after the scientific evaluation about the consent forms I plan to use, if they rejected my proposal straight away. Also I do not think that they reject a proposal based on ethical review especially when ethics are already in place. Anyway, all these are assumptions....who knows! Good luck to everyone! xxx

IF ST LIF

Post by IF ST LIF » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:44 pm
IF ST LIF wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm
RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:05 pm
It just makes no sense to question what people want to believe in.
whether the RANKING means anything or not is something that we all will learn with the results. I am pretty sure that no one is singing victory because has RANKING nor crying because is still in EVALUATION.
However, making a hypothesis on the fact that the PHASE status changed for some and not others makes more sense to me (scientifically talking) that assuming that they are playing with us as result of what happens last year.
I agree with you, they may have changed the codes in their database and website and our assumptions will make no sense. However, I don't think that they are playing with us, that is why they hidden the critical information last year. In my case, from my experience last year with the link and the results that other people got, I'm only 100% sure that I will be above the 70% threshold, that's it. No clue about if I will be in the MAINLIST of if my score will be 70.1%.
Ok, so I should assume that my proposal is rejected....will confirm in few days! However I do find weird that they asked me to provide more info after the scientific evaluation about the consent forms I plan to use, if they rejected my proposal straight away. Also I do not think that they reject a proposal based on ethical review especially when ethics are already in place. Anyway, all these are assumptions....who knows! Good luck to everyone! xxx
Yeah, in some cases may be a delay. They may be evaluating the new ethics info. I remember that last year it was a person who was in SUBMISSION for several days and then the status changed. That's why I said that I think that we can be sure that those in RANKING are above the 70% threshold, people like you, where they have to review ethics will be probably still under EVALUATION. If they release the results next week as previously suggested, you will hopefully see a change during this week, keep us in the loop!

Anyways, good luck for everyone!

Chiquitistan

Post by Chiquitistan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi guys,
I am lost :D ...
Last year , everyone who had Ranking got the fellowship?
Good luck!

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:09 pm

No just some of us believe that RANKING might be an indication of being above the 70 threshold. That is it...
Chiquitistan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm
Hi guys,
I am lost :D ...
Last year , everyone who had Ranking got the fellowship?
Good luck!

Satrius

Post by Satrius » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 pm

wow I've never seen so many scientists do so much speculation! On the one hand it is very interesting and shows desire, on the other we increase our angst.
It seems to me that the most interesting data that has emerged so far is that perhaps on Monday 22 we will have our answers.

ML-ENV

Post by ML-ENV » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 pm

RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm
beside the RANKING topic.
can anyone find how many days before the announcement day the phase status changed last year? this can bring an insight on when to expect the announcement this year.
cheers.
If that helps: last year on the 22/01/17 I had "phase: "EVALUATION"" (and I had something for status: "accepted(above threshold)", and that's how last year we speculated about the results. This year there is nothing in the status field so stop worrying guys!).
Then on the 23/01/17 I had "phase: RANKING" (and status: "rejected (low fundings)").

This year, I'm still at the "EVALUATION" stage. Last year I scored above 90, and I've submitted a very similar proposal (that of course, I've tried to improve!) for this call. I know sometimes people get a really good score on their first try and then get below 70 on their 2nd, but I'm quite convinced I'll score above 70 this year. So I don't buy this "evaluation means below threshold" thing 8-)

Keep cool guys, at this stage one can only imagine so many scenarios... We'll soon get the real answer :roll:

Rapaz

Post by Rapaz » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:45 pm

ML-ENV wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:39 pm
RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm
beside the RANKING topic.
can anyone find how many days before the announcement day the phase status changed last year? this can bring an insight on when to expect the announcement this year.
cheers.
If that helps: last year on the 22/01/17 I had "phase: "EVALUATION"" (and I had something for status: "accepted(above threshold)", and that's how last year we speculated about the results. This year there is nothing in the status field so stop worrying guys!).
Then on the 23/01/17 I had "phase: RANKING" (and status: "rejected (low fundings)").

This year, I'm still at the "EVALUATION" stage. Last year I scored above 90, and I've submitted a very similar proposal (that of course, I've tried to improve!) for this call. I know sometimes people get a really good score on their first try and then get below 70 on their 2nd, but I'm quite convinced I'll score above 70 this year. So I don't buy this "evaluation means below threshold" thing 8-)

Keep cool guys, at this stage one can only imagine so many scenarios... We'll soon get the real answer :roll:
So it also might mean that RANKING is "below 70%".

But to be honest, we will all go into RANKING at some point. They just load the info gradually.

addyrun17

Post by addyrun17 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:51 pm

Amar wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:05 pm
addyrun17 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:01 pm
Hi have ranking in LIF field
Since when?
Since I first checked the link on saturday

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 pm

My NCP said that results are to be expected for the first week of February. They wrote me that "they haven't received so far any communication about an anticipation of results announcement". Also the tweet someone posted here indicates February. However I hope for next Monday. But it seems to me unlikely.

laprofesora

Post by laprofesora » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:00 am

aberfeldy wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:18 pm
Peripra wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:34 pm
RANKING wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:30 pm

yes, I am one
My status is still EVALUATION in PHY. So, I feel My Application is Unsuccessful
It is not....GUYS! I cannot believe you still trust this stupid link! It is really impressive...what is your science brain telling you?
PRAISE! :roll: