2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

CountZ
Site Admin

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by CountZ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:31 am

I've compiled and colour coded the statistics (so it's easy to see the changes):
2017 Statistics:
A total of 9,089 proposals were submitted in response to this call. The number of proposals for each type of action is shown below:
- Standard European Fellowships (MSCA-IF-EF-ST): 7,145 proposals
- Career Restart Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-CAR): 352 proposals
- Reintegration Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-RI): 561 proposals
- Society & Enterprise Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-SE): 173 proposals
- Global Fellowships (MSCA-IF-GF): 858 proposals
2016 Statistics:
A total of 8,946 proposals were submitted in response to this call. The number of proposals for each type of action is shown below:
- Standard European Fellowships (MSCA-IF-EF-ST): 7,140 proposals
- Career Restart Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-CAR): 251 proposals
- Reintegration Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-RI): 528 proposals
- Society & Enterprise Panel (MSCA-IF-EF-SE): 111 proposals
- Global Fellowships (MSCA-IF-GF): 916 proposals

samidef

Post by samidef » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:41 am

Thanks. Here is indicative budget for this call (2017):
  • EUR 33.70 million is reserved for the Global Fellowships, and is distributed between the scientific areas based on the number of eligible proposals received in each of these areas.
  • EUR 205 million is reserved for the European Fellowships, and is distributed between its panels (except for the Society and Enterprise panel) based on the number of eligible proposals received by each one.
  • EUR 10 million is reserved for the Society and Enterprise panel of the European Fellowships.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Does anyone know how the budget on this is set?
Do they set the budget proportionally to the number of submissions? Or is the budget set in advance?
For example, there are less GF applicants this year, so is there a lower budget? Or is the budget the same?

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:59 pm

who's starting the get anxious about the results? :)

als

Post by als » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 am

Me! :D

samidef

Post by samidef » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Me too... I check the EU portal every day hoping to get a clue. I'm guessing the reviews must more or less be finished by now? They don't get the reviewers to work over Christmas right?

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:07 pm

and me...

aberfeldy

Post by aberfeldy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi guys! Happy holidays y'all! My stress got me to this forum :P I thought to ask you if you have any ideas about my status. I applied with EF-SE (LIF) and a week ago I got a follow up asking me to submit more info for my ethics section - attachments etc. They only gave me 2 weeks to upload it all on. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign....Also, based on the budget 10M and 173 proposals being submitted...how many you think will be funded? My round estimate is 55...so 31% success rate, which is lower than last year...

Btw, it is my first ever fellowship application so adrenaline is properly on! :D

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi all. Happy new year to everyone!!
Question: is there should be some notification when the review process completed?

flynix

Post by flynix » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:03 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:39 pm
Hi guys! Happy holidays y'all! My stress got me to this forum :P I thought to ask you if you have any ideas about my status. I applied with EF-SE (LIF) and a week ago I got a follow up asking me to submit more info for my ethics section - attachments etc. They only gave me 2 weeks to upload it all on. Not sure if that is a good or a bad sign....Also, based on the budget 10M and 173 proposals being submitted...how many you think will be funded? My round estimate is 55...so 31% success rate, which is lower than last year...

Btw, it is my first ever fellowship application so adrenaline is properly on! :D
That's super interesting and the first time I've heard of that. In the Guide for Evaluators it says
"After the scientific evaluation, the proposal will be reviewed by ethics experts."
I wouldn't read too much into it though. The threshold is 70% and then proposals are funded until there is money. I would think from this that all proposals rated over 70 would be considered for an ethics review. (my guess)