2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

CHEM2017

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by CHEM2017 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:45 am

CountZ wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 am
I'm not sure how may of us got the grant, but would you find it helpful if I move questions about the grant agreement and the next steps for successful applicants to a new thread? Or just leave everything in here?
It'll be great if you open a new thread

Academics_Anonymous

Post by Academics_Anonymous » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:46 am

erkaner wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 am
Academics_Anonymous wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:34 am
I previously posted a reply that I was rejected. I thought I was rejected completely but apparently I am in the reserve list.

Panel: ST-ENV, score: 91.6%

Anyone who got reserved in the same panel this year? I called up NCP today but she didn't disclose any valuable information.

Congrats everyone who got it!

PS: The reviews on the scientific part(i.e. excellence) are seemingly accurate but the reasoning at the implementation and dissemination parts is quite poor. In the end, ones who call this procedure as lottery are absolutely right. There is a lot of noise in the evaluation procedure.
You will have some chance if you are in top 5 (but this is still a guess, this depends on the number of people who withdraws their proposals). NCP is supposed to provide your ranking in the waiting list. Mine did previous year.
Thanks for the info!

She got a certain list but she could not tell how many people in the reserve list scored higher than me because the list wasn't sorted for each panel. She got my e-mail, i hope she will return back to me.

chaturanga

Post by chaturanga » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

CHEM2017 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:57 am
Rapaz wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm
chaturanga wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes, that is fair enough. Confidentiality is key here, I guess.. I just wanted to hear from the experienced users here. This forum has a good potential!
Yes, this for sure. At some point I wouldn´t mind share some feelings , but in the next 2 weeks it will be complicated. Next deadline is in SEptember :)
Any idea how the paperwork should be done. My host told me it wouldn't concern us, and the university is going to do it, but I am still worried cause this did not come easy.
I opened a new topic "Preparation Tips for Prospective Applicants" to exchange ideas about how to get prepared for a successful application. Please check that out. I am afraid very important tips get lost in the bulk discussion here.

chaturanga

Post by chaturanga » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:37 pm
Rapaz wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:26 pm
chaturanga wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 pm

Yes, that is fair enough. Confidentiality is key here, I guess.. I just wanted to hear from the experienced users here. This forum has a good potential!
Yes, this for sure. At some point I wouldn´t mind share some feelings , but in the next 2 weeks it will be complicated. Next deadline is in SEptember :)
Hey guys, how about organising a video call conference for us to share our experiences and what we think could help future applicants? :) I'd be happy to share some tips...I also used some successful proposals (of my friends though...confidential) for template that really helped me understand how to write the not scientific bits...I think every little tip helps...solidarity :mrgreen:
I opened a new topic "Preparation Tips for Prospective Applicants" to exchange ideas about how to get prepared for a successful application. Please check that out. I am afraid very important tips get lost in the bulk discussion here.
A Conference call sounds a good idea.

SRT_VK

Post by SRT_VK » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am

Failed_Proposal wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:31 am
Hey BB8, what was your panel?
I am ST-LIF and I have 92.8, and I'm on the waiting list.
I wonder how many people are on that list before me...

Big congrats to all who were successful!!
BB8 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:20 am
laprofesora wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:07 am

Bloody hell, this is so discouraging. I am really sorry Arale... :|
Sorry to hear that. I had a similar drop from year 1 (92.4) to year 2 (82.2). I was on reserve list on year 1, and this year (year 3), I'm again on reserve list with 93.0... This is just to say that you might get it next year with the same proposal (the only thing that I had really up-dated is the CV).
Best
Hey,
I'm in the same panel ( ST-LIF) and got 93%. Since this panel is the most competitive one, chances are high that you will get it.

pinedamarcelo

Post by pinedamarcelo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:40 am

Hey!
I have a question, do you know if I get married before starting my grant I can get the family allowance or you have to be married when you submit your proposal?

Thank you in advance.

CountZ
Site Admin

Post by CountZ » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:56 am

You have to be married when you submit the proposal ;)

Academics_Anonymous

Post by Academics_Anonymous » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:22 pm

Anyone in the waiting list of ST-ENV this year?

marie curie 2017

Post by marie curie 2017 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm

SRT_VK wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:22 am
Failed_Proposal wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:31 am
Hey BB8, what was your panel?
I am ST-LIF and I have 92.8, and I'm on the waiting list.
I wonder how many people are on that list before me...

Big congrats to all who were successful!!
BB8 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:20 am

Sorry to hear that. I had a similar drop from year 1 (92.4) to year 2 (82.2). I was on reserve list on year 1, and this year (year 3), I'm again on reserve list with 93.0... This is just to say that you might get it next year with the same proposal (the only thing that I had really up-dated is the CV).
Best
Hey,
I'm in the same panel ( ST-LIF) and got 93%. Since this panel is the most competitive one, chances are high that you will get it.
Hi, i am in the ST-LiF panel and got 93%, but i am on the reserve list. I don't really get it why? I though the cut off value is 93.

chaturanga

Post by chaturanga » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:45 pm

Hi All,

As beginners, we are gathering valuable information for writing a successful proposal from experienced scholars. Could you please do us a favor?

Please tell us what you think is the most important tip for a successful proposal? "The most essential one" in your opinion. Just think for a min and please post your answer under "Preparation Tips for Prospective Applicants" topic with one or two sentences.

For example: "In my opinion, the most important factor is to provide a preliminary analysis and results in the proposal for it to be successful."
or
"The most important point is to find the best institution to work with". Etc..

We really appreciate your input!