2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

fun4sci

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by fun4sci » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 am

Hi! Are you still receiving the ESR? I didn't and I'm worried about it, in case they stop sending responses until tomorrow. Or will they send all of them today?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:29 am

I had a chance to review 3 evaluation reports before application and did not see such stupid comments. I guess Rapaz is right saying that when they don't like your application they make up b.s. comments to reject you.

I hope we got lucky next time. Congrats to all winners. You all deserved it!

rsr wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:21 am
InfoCom wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:16 am
ANGF wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:38 am
Second rejection this year. GF-SOC 83%. Reviews were of much higher quality this year, and written in such a way that it is clear how to address them - last year I got a couple of general comments like "insufficient detail"/"insufficient information" that are not helpful for improving a proposal. However I am sure the reviewers will find new weaknesses next year. I am still very disappointed but nothing can be changed now!
In my case review quality is very bad. I can't imagine how some one can give such non serious comments. I am ok I had alternative options but there are people who really need this and reviewer show such non serious attitude.
Everybody gets some review comments of questionable quality (myself included). This is how MSCA works... If you intend to re-apply you should keep this in mind (to not get frustrated :) )!!!

In my publication plan, I had the top venues (both conferences and journals) of my domain and I got this comment: "the respective venues are of medium quality". At best, this reviewer is not very familiar with the domain so I wonder why he/she reviewed my proposal.
Not complaining, I knew that it is always possible to get such comments with MSCA...

erkaner

Post by erkaner » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 am

I received the MSCA grant [98.6, ENG, ST]. I plan to change the host as my supervisor will move to another country. He will be still affiliated with the current host but will be only partially available. I wonder how risky it is to change the host using this as a justification. What would you recommend? Anyone has a similar experience?

FuriousAcademic

Post by FuriousAcademic » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 am

erkaner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 am
I received the MSCA grant [98.6, ENG, ST]. I plan to change the host as my supervisor will move to another country. He will be still affiliated with the current host but will be only partially available. I wonder how risky it is to change the host using this as a justification. What would you recommend? Anyone has a similar experience?
This is a tricky situation and will be probably assessed on a case-by-case basis. First, you need to have a very serious justification. Second, everyone has to agree (your current host may not be so eager to lose a grant). Third, you need to convince the MCSA people.

Note that your proposal was evaluated based on the strengths of our host institution (among other things). If the host institution changes then your proposal should be re-evaluated...

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:44 am

I think they might agree if you can make a case that your future host is almost as good (or even better) than the current one. A tricky situation indeed.
FuriousAcademic wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 am
erkaner wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:34 am
This is a tricky situation and will be probably assessed on a case-by-case basis. First, you need to have a very serious justification. Second, everyone has to agree (your current host may not be so eager to lose a grant). Third, you need to convince the MCSA people.

Note that your proposal was evaluated based on the strengths of our host institution (among other things). If the host institution changes then your proposal should be re-evaluated...

jezza

Post by jezza » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:54 am

rejected GF-ENV
2nd attempt 83%.
ID 7937XX
RANKING since beginning january

1st attempt last year:reserve list 92%

Akshath

Post by Akshath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 am

I am unable to open MP (Manage project tab) any suggestions?

Chem-IF

Post by Chem-IF » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am

Akshath wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 am
it is slow also for me but opening after few attempts

Akshath

Post by Akshath » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:07 am

Chem-IF wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am
Akshath wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 am
it is slow also for me but opening after few attempts
How do we know we are not in reserve list?

phy_2017

Post by phy_2017 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:10 am

Got it! PHY panel. It was my 3rd time. However, I am unable to open the MP button...