2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

DottyS

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:29 pm

*What you are saying is only partially true. The host institutions do not start with the paperwork on the day that the results are announced. So it doesn't matter if the results are announced at 3 a.m. or 1 p.m.*

That is a completely wrong statement. I think you will find that most UK Universities will send you an email on the same day as the results are announced with supporting paperwork and instructions on how you should proceed if you are awarded. Again you will be unaware of the amount of work that goes on in the background (unless of course you know my job better then me).

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:37 pm

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:29 pm
*What you are saying is only partially true. The host institutions do not start with the paperwork on the day that the results are announced. So it doesn't matter if the results are announced at 3 a.m. or 1 p.m.*

That is a completely wrong statement. I think you will find that most UK Universities will send you an email on the same day as the results are announced with supporting paperwork and instructions on how you should proceed if you are awarded. Again you will be unaware of the amount of work that goes on in the background (unless of course you know my job better then me).
I think that independently on whether UNIVERSITIES do the paperwork the same day or not, they should be given more than a day for that and therefore, it is a variable of few (if any) consideration to decide the announcement day.

whatever: a question for DottyS
Monday/Tuesday is equal to
Monday or Tuesday
OR
Monday and Tuesday

FuriousAcademic

Post by FuriousAcademic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 pm

DottyS wrote:

A former colleague of mine in France has a Marie Curie IF in a well-known institution in the UK. He heard from this host institution two weeks after the announcement. And anyway, you can't start with the paperwork the day after you receive the results so that it does not matter if they send the results today or two weeks ago (and some years they have done so in mid-January).

Do you think the EU releases the results so that you can send a standard e-mail on the same day with instructions that can be prepared months before? Are you kidding me?

DottyS

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm

Right = I'm out. I came on here to give support and to try to explain the process but as you all know my job better than me I'll leave you to it.

elrid

Post by elrid » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:52 pm

is there anyone has a result about his MSCA 2017 proposal acceptation ?

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:54 pm

DottyS wrote:

Wait, I do appreciate your work! I think the stress is breaking our brains.
Can i ask if the results released automatically (by the system) or its release is manually handled?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:49 pm

Bye...
DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:41 pm
Right = I'm out. I came on here to give support and to try to explain the process but as you all know my job better than me I'll leave you to it.

InfoCom

Post by InfoCom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Still Evaluation... :evil:

sover

Post by sover » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:01 pm

InfoCom wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:47 pm
Still Evaluation... :evil:
I am as well.

RANKING