2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

ATBGF2017

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by ATBGF2017 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:04 am

A lot of people received their results after midnight (1.30 or 4.30 am etc.). So I think they send the results after midnight if they are ready.
DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 am
No - everyone is ranked (regardless of if they have an offer or not) so it means NOTHING if your proposal is still saying evaluation (it will still be eventually changed to rank).
Host institutions/universities do not get notified of the results first but the results have to be released during admin hours so that admin offices can act upon the information (remembering all the variations of time zones).
All I was trying to explain that all this speculation is pointless as you are only glimpsing pieces of the process through the links you use and you are adding 2+2 and coming to the wrong conclusons

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 am

I am excited to get to the end of this process. Our fates are sealed at this point! I hope that those of you are funded have a wonderful experience as MSCA fellows, that everyone else gets useful feedback to help with future applications, and that everyone in this forum has some amazing future opportunities ahead regardless of MSCA success.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone, hope you have something to keep you occupied today.

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 am

I am really impressed with the ability of this forum to reinvent itself... always something to talk about,
and that's exactly what makes it so useful through this days (at least to me)
but... I am also sure that for everyone's health the GO SEND button has to be pressed.
unleash the results... (DottyS ?)

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:22 am

RANKING wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 am
I am really impressed with the ability of this forum to reinvent itself... always something to talk about,
and that's exactly what makes it so useful through this days (at least to me)
but... I am also sure that for everyone's health the GO SEND button has to be pressed.
unleash the results... (DottyS ?)
(to me too). Agree 100%.

sover

Post by sover » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:35 am

DottyS wrote:
No - everyone is ranked (regardless of if they have an offer or not) so it means NOTHING if your proposal is still saying evaluation (it will still be eventually changed to rank).
Host institutions/universities do not get notified of the results first but the results have to be released during admin hours so that admin offices can act upon the information (remembering all the variations of time zones).
All I was trying to explain that all this speculation is pointless as you are only glimpsing pieces of the process through the links you use and you are adding 2+2 and coming to the wrong conclusons
But my phase is still evaluation. So confused. You mean the link is unbelievable?

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:47 am

I guess we will find out soon...
sover wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:35 am
DottyS wrote:
But my phase is still evaluation. So confused. You mean the link is unbelievable?

SOC-2018

Post by SOC-2018 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:41 am

According to the EU guide for evaluators (p. 13), quality check and panel ranking of the proposals are supposed to have been finished by December 4-7 2017; therefore, it is now just a matter of reporting the results.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/fi ... _2017_.pdf

DottyS

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm

But it takes weeks to input that information into the Portal - to check the information and carry out quality control checks. The evaluations and rankings do not miraculously populate the Portal and the background systems do update themselves on their own so it is NOT just a case of informing folk. As I have previously stated there are so many background processes that must be checked and rechecked etc.

FuriousAcademic

Post by FuriousAcademic » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 pm

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm
But it takes weeks to input that information into the Portal - to check the information and carry out quality control checks. The evaluations and rankings do not miraculously populate the Portal and the background systems do update themselves on their own so it is NOT just a case of informing folk. As I have previously stated there are so many background processes that must be checked and rechecked etc.
What you are saying is only partially true. The host institutions do not start with the paperwork on the day that the results are announced. So it doesn't matter if the results are announced at 3 a.m. or 1 p.m.

I do not know what kind of quality control checks you are referring to but it is also not entirely true that it takes weeks to input that information into the Portal. Reviewers and panel members are introducing the information directly in the system. So that is very easy to transfer the information from one place to the other, you don't need an EU worker to manually introduce 4000 applications. But even so, one month is more than enough. What delays the announcement of the results is basically that these people are working on a number of different things at the same time. Two weeks ago they were working on the ITN call and they didn't have the time to deal with these things. Also note that control checks were conducted prior to the review process, in September.

In any case, it is nice to hear from the EU before the official date as this kind of news affects our lives significantly and knowing the information 2 weeks before can make a big difference in some cases.

zhiqiang

Post by zhiqiang » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:25 pm

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:04 pm
So the notification will be sent automatically by the system or only in the office hours?