2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

Amar

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:13 am

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:53 am
Please folks stop torturing yourselfs. The links and statuses will not be finally updated until the emails notifications are ready to be sent so checking the links will only add to your stress levels (and yes I actually do know the whole process).
So, when do you expect the results to be released?

DottyS

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 am

Monday/Tuesday of this week. Results and valuations by each board are being doubled checked and verified and entered into the system and that really does take time

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:27 am

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:19 am
Monday/Tuesday of this week. Results and valuations by each board are being doubled checked and verified and entered into the system and that really does take time
Without any connection to those links,
would you be kind to explain the meaning, the difference and ,which is more important, the cause of status "Evaluation" vs "Ranking"?

DottyS

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 am

Neither is more important - one is just a different stage of the process. All proposals will have an evaluation and a ranking regardless of whether they are awarded or not and these tend to be added in batches onto the system.

zhiqiang

Post by zhiqiang » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:51 am

Does anyone know when the resultr will be released? Early this morning on Monday or during the office hour on Monday?

Amar

Post by Amar » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:00 am

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 am
Neither is more important - one is just a different stage of the process. All proposals will have an evaluation and a ranking regardless of whether they are awarded or not and these tend to be added in batches onto the system.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Good luck to all of us!!!

Ani

Post by Ani » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:10 am

DottyS wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm
I really would not place too much store about the information contained in the various links. They will not tell you anything until the email notifications are sent. To folk asking why the results are released when they are - this is to allow the administrative staff in the host institutions time to start their processes and procedures for starting the GAO sessions for folk fortunate enough to be offered a fellowship.

What you may not realise is the amount of background work that must take place to set up a new fellowship, sign the Grant Agreement etc. so releasing the results when it suits most admin offices is vital for the smooth running of the process
Am I taking it correct from your comment that the host institution (our host university?) knows the results much earlier than us?

InfoCom

Post by InfoCom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 am

DottyS wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:38 am
Yes these are two stages of whole process but why several people are still in Evaluation phase if result is going to be announce after few hours? This makes me to conclude that those who are in Evaluation phase, including me, has very low score and not included in ranking list.

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:36 am

Ani wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:10 am
DottyS wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:09 pm
I really would not place too much store about the information contained in the various links. They will not tell you anything until the email notifications are sent. To folk asking why the results are released when they are - this is to allow the administrative staff in the host institutions time to start their processes and procedures for starting the GAO sessions for folk fortunate enough to be offered a fellowship.

What you may not realise is the amount of background work that must take place to set up a new fellowship, sign the Grant Agreement etc. so releasing the results when it suits most admin offices is vital for the smooth running of the process
Am I taking it correct from your comment that the host institution (our host university?) knows the results much earlier than us?
I am understanding the same here.... but believe he/she wanted to say something different

DottyS

Post by DottyS » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 am

No - everyone is ranked (regardless of if they have an offer or not) so it means NOTHING if your proposal is still saying evaluation (it will still be eventually changed to rank).
Host institutions/universities do not get notified of the results first but the results have to be released during admin hours so that admin offices can act upon the information (remembering all the variations of time zones).
All I was trying to explain that all this speculation is pointless as you are only glimpsing pieces of the process through the links you use and you are adding 2+2 and coming to the wrong conclusons