2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

danGFSOC

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by danGFSOC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:14 pm

agido wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:09 pm
danGFSOC wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 pm
RANKING wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:52 pm
Just because
Just because I want
Just because I want to believe
I still keep in mind the user that comment that his/her very cool NCP contact (in fact ex-contact) said that today after 5:00 pm.
repeat, just want to believe in that version
It would be very unusual to start emailing Friday afternoon after office hour (I guess they need to monitor the process, intervening in case of technical problems). I got my email last year in the afternoon but emails started during the night between thursday and friday.
I guess the night between Thursday and Friday last year was outside office hours too. It might be that the process was started later on Thursday afternoon and the first emails WE know of were delivered during the night
True. I was convinced too for this friday. But the process starts always in the night apparently and ends during the day (and more or less during office hours). Don't know... But I guess that a technical issue between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning when they cannot fix it is a risk they should avoid.

ATBGF2017

Post by ATBGF2017 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:15 pm

It was there. No idea what it does though...
SOC-2018 wrote:
Chem-IF wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm
It was there from the beginning. :|
What about the tab "Launch new interaction with the EU"? was it also there from the very beginning or it has appeared there recently? I think I'm getting delusional! :roll: :lol: and what is it for BTW?

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm

agido wrote:
danGFSOC wrote:
RANKING wrote:
Just because
Just because I want
I still keep in mind the user that comment that his/her very cool NCP contact (in fact ex-contact) said that today after 5:00 pm.
It would be very unusual to start emailing Friday afternoon after office hour (I guess they need to monitor the process, intervening in case of technical problems). I got my email last year in the afternoon but emails started during the night between thursday and friday.
I guess the night between Thursday and Friday last year was outside office hours too. It might be that the process was started later on Thursday afternoon and the first emails WE know of were delivered during the night
I think there was a reason to send between thursday and friday - toward weekends. This decreases office's workload: to send answers or to run/to check the system, to answer NCPs and single participants - all this simultaneously. So first they released the results and then handled all other issues. It is surprising that they changed it this year. May be the system was improved and manual handling is not required/decreased. Thus, they will succeed to finish it on Monday/Tuesday.

Chem-IF

Post by Chem-IF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:34 pm

SOC-2018 wrote:
Chem-IF wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm
It was there from the beginning. :|
What about the tab "Launch new interaction with the EU"? was it also there from the very beginning or it has appeared there recently? I think I'm getting delusional! :roll: :lol: and what is it for BTW?
Yes it was there too :| but don't know what is it for. :?

danGFSOC

Post by danGFSOC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:39 pm

Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:25 pm
agido wrote:
danGFSOC wrote:
U

I think there was a reason to send between thursday and friday - toward weekends. This decreases office's workload: to send answers or to run/to check the system, to answer NCPs and single participants - all this simultaneously. So first they released the results and then handled all other issues. It is surprising that they changed it this year. May be the system was improved and manual handling is not required/decreased. Thus, they will succeed to finish it on Monday/Tuesday.
Yes i agree

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:52 pm

als wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:22 pm
Reserve wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:39 am
Hello guys and girls, I am following the forum, although I did not apply in the 2017 call. I applied in 2016 and my proposal was put on reserve list. So after waiting 18 months in total I still did not receive final decision, although the information letter clearly states that I will be informed and this is not the final decision. I don’t fool myself that it will be funded, but still, I wanted to close this page long time ago and move on....
Anyway, I write you to share my observation about how they inform. In my host institute last year, the rejected ones got the email first, early morning on the 27th, I got my email around midday (reserve), then I spoke with the manager of the institute and he told me that the emails for all the applications but one had arrived. The email for this last one was received in the afternoon, around 4 pm and it was acceptance letter. So I don't think they inform first the high scored ones, rather the other way around, but might be just a coincidence… and in my opinion emailing to all the applicants takes time, may be 20 hours.
I wish you good luck with your proposals :) and whatever the output is, life goes on, keep strong and continue your research ;)
Hi,

I had a very similar experience - some friends of mine who were rejected last year got the letter before me, then I got mine (reserve), and a few hours later a friend got the acceptance letter :)
the Irony is that we all are desperately waiting for the outcomes.
But when it comes we all will be praying to be the last one to be informed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

RANKING

Post by RANKING » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 pm
RANKING wrote:
Just because
Just because I want
Didn't remember this comment, can you show?
was from Cosmonaute ("I just emailed the super-awesome NCP who had given me the results last year, and they said that, while they are no longer NCP and have no access to the results anymore, "IF results will come up tomorrow Friday at 05.00 PM") Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:28 pm

ST-LIF

Post by ST-LIF » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:58 pm

RANKING wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:57 pm
Amar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 pm
RANKING wrote:
Just because
Just because I want
Didn't remember this comment, can you show?
was from Cosmonaute ("I just emailed the super-awesome NCP who had given me the results last year, and they said that, while they are no longer NCP and have no access to the results anymore, "IF results will come up tomorrow Friday at 05.00 PM") Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:28 pm
exactly in 2 minutes :D

Academics_Anonymous

Post by Academics_Anonymous » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:59 pm

1 minute to 17:00 pm.

Ready to get tense!

Amar

Post by Amar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 pm

There is the problem with the links.
New message - no access.