2017 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2017)

LazyAnna

Re: Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Forum

Post by LazyAnna » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:32 pm

aberfeldy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:57 pm
danGFSOC wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:12 pm
aberfeldy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Wtf! hahahhaa Guys is a legit neutral term to address a group of people.....weirdest comment ever! I think the focus of this group has gone off piste

PS: @John-EF has used the words 'guys' and 'bro' :o any American utterly shocked by this?
I guess you didn't work on the gender paragraph in part B. It can help to add some points for the final score ;)
No I did not as it was not relevant to my basic science project. Also, I am a girl so your comment is out of context if you call me a sexist.
Wow, you severely misunderstand the term 'sexist'. FYI, women can be sexist as well. There is a ton of academic research on this topic. You may want to check this article for example (non-academic): https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.2877110

ANGF

Post by ANGF » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

ST-LIF wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 pm
Academics_Anonymous wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:22 pm
I have a strong feeling that we won't get the results this Friday.

If they are still changing status of each applicant in every panel, it means they have still way to go before finishing up the ranking. Maybe that NCP was right after all, they might announce the results on the 2nd of February. Hope not!
why do you think it means they have still way to go? I'd think that ranking is an easy computational task that will take very little time once all the data is entered to the system...
I think the fact that so many people have changed status today is possibly a sign that they are finalising the process... let's get ready to rumble?! Whoever said this process involved so much adrenaline you don't need drugs was right. My coffee intake is dramatically reduced the past few weeks!

Academics_Anonymous

Post by Academics_Anonymous » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

ST-LIF wrote:

If they are still changing status of each applicant in every panel, it means they have still way to go before finishing up the ranking. Maybe that NCP was right after all, they might announce the results on the 2nd of February. Hope not!
why do you think it means they have still way to go? I'd think that ranking is an easy computational task that will take very little time once all the data is entered to the system...
There are still proposals left to be evaluated apparently and have less than 72 hours if they are to announce them this Friday. I don't know, it looked pretty tight to me.

Of course, I have no clue about the details of the process. The evaluations should have been already carried out on December according to the chart. What are they arranging now then? If not waiting for reviewers report? (Not a rhetorical question)

InfoCom

Post by InfoCom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm
ST-LIF wrote:

There are still proposals left to be evaluated apparently and have less than 72 hours if they are to announce them this Friday. I don't know, it looked pretty tight to me.

Of course, I have no clue about the details of the process. The evaluations should have been already carried out on December according to the chart. What are they arranging now then? If not waiting for reviewers report? (Not a rhetorical question)
Or maybe they aren't putting below threshold proposal in ranking list....

Rapaz

Post by Rapaz » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:46 pm

Is there anyone still in EVALUATION?

Mine has also changed to Ranking today. ST-EF-LIFE

Akshath

Post by Akshath » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:50 pm

Mine also changed to ranking! Chemistry. I guess they saw our posts and decided to put ranking ;)

rsr

Post by rsr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:52 pm

Akshath wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:50 pm
Mine also changed to ranking! Chemistry. I guess they saw our posts and decided to put ranking ;)
Or are finalising all the lists to release the results in two days... Fingers crossed everyone!!!

als

Post by als » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Hi all,
To those that were asking about differences between years (sorry, I am a bit late, just been catching up!), I can tell you my personal experience:
I applied 1st time and got 90.6 (rejected, LIF SCI, IF); I then improved it, and got 92 (reserve list); this is my final attempt, hoping that the improvements I made make a difference this year!
On the other hand, I have heard people that get less marks sometimes, but generally because they gave in a different proposal (that is the case for the ones I know of).
Aargh, I hope we find out soon!

Ani

Post by Ani » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:54 pm

Akshath wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:50 pm
So be ready within next two days.

fun4sci

Post by fun4sci » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:55 pm

fun4sci wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi everyone
I'm still on phase:EVALUATION at both links
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... t/project/******
https://ec.europa.eu/research/participa ... teproject/******
I think the resuls will be soon but not inminent for today. Be patient!
Regads
Hi! This is self-citing :)
Just changed this morning from Evaluation to Ranking under the first of the links.
my panel is society and enterprise.
I think it is feasible to have the results released this Friday, hopefully.
Keep calm!