2024 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2024)

skm

2024 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2024)

Post by skm » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:45 am

Hi All,

Again I might try for this year call. I hope to get this time after improving the Proposal keeping the comments addressed thoroughly and taking suggestions/help from previously successful people here and from the WhatsApp grop and at same time helping others who are new to MSCA.
All the best.

Regards

skm

Re: 2024 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2024)

Post by skm » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:30 am

The call will be published in spring 2024, opening on 23 April 2024 and closing on 26 September 2024.

The 2024 Postdoctoral Fellowships call will have a budget of €417.2 million.

spes

Post by spes » Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:10 pm

EU F&T Portal shows as follows:

Planned opening date
10 April 2024
Deadline date
11 September 2024 17:00:00 Brussels time

Forthcoming

skm

Post by skm » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am

this link https://marie-sklodowska-curie-actions. ... ships-2024
says as below:

Indicative timeline
23 April 2024: Launch of the call for proposals
11 September 2024: Deadline for submitting proposals
February 2025: Notification of call results to applicants (TBC)
April 2025: Grant agreement signature for successful projects (TBC)
April 2025: First EU-funded projects start (TBC)

skm

Post by skm » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:33 am

temci

Post by temci » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:04 am

I still see forthcoming.

AggressivePanda

Post by AggressivePanda » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Dear all,

I won the MSC Postdoc Fellowship in 2023 at my first attempt. I have initated my project in Dec 2023.

Here are my insights to strengthen you proposal:

1) Mature idea: think well and do a thorough background research. Study all potential scenarios or your proposal as if you are the evaluator. Try to find weak points, insufficient explanations and address them efficiently. The proposal should be in paralel to your skills but it should not be a repetition of something you have done before.

2) Suitable host: The most important issue of your proposal is the suitable host. I suggest find a research institute that is equipped with tools you need for your proposed study. Poor institute has very little to offer. You should make a proper advertisement of the host institute for its facilities and international/national projects in your proposal. Remember, it is better if the institute had parallel projects in the past too or some recent projects in parallel to your study field that you can involve as well.

3) Experienced supervisor: Another very important part. Your chosen supervisor must have enough experience in supervising postgraduates. Must be a resourceful person for your ongoing and future career plans. Must have research topics that are parallel to yours. I have a colleague who applied for MSC Postdoc Fellowship and did not get it because the chosen supervisor was not experienced enough. Discuss your idea with your potential supervisor in advance for its feasibility, possible risks, collaborations etc. Exchange your proposal draft several times or corrections, suggestions. In the end, this is why supervisors are for.

4) Be realistic. High risk / high gain proposal is necessary but at the end of the day it should be feasible. You'll have two years time to do research, to learn something new, to disseminate, and to publish (at least submit). Your project proposal must allow you gain something. A realistic Gantt Chart should demonstrate your research plan clearly. I know people who did not win MSC Postdoc Fellowship because their plan was not realistic (e.g. too much lab work plus learning a new software good enough to develop a model as an outcome of your project within two years is not a good plan) or their (this was an ERC grant case) Gantt Chart was not convincing/clear (e.g. a continuous workpackage throughout your project is not that easy to comprehend and not possible to defend if it will bear useful deliverables for other workpackages at the end your project).

5) You. Do you have enough experience that you can prove to perform the project you propose? Pubslished without your PhD supervisor or previous group members? If not, do not waste your time. Remember-you will have two years. Your project should align with your skills but it shouls not be the same thing that you have done in the past. It must me something new where you can apply your skills. Hence your CV should demonstrate that you are capable of using your scientific skills in different fields.

I wish everyone good luck!