ERC Starting grant 2024

CGN

Re: ERC Starting grant 2024

Post by CGN » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm

Iko wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:11 pm
hello! Anyone else anxiously waiting for the results?
Me! I am really really anxious 🥹

Do you think they will tell us in mid March or earlier?

CGN

Post by CGN » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:11 pm

fmpStanford wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:05 pm
I am thinking to apply this year but I have NO IDEA how to do so.

My panel should be Life Sciences: how relevant is to have a CNS paper first author?-
I have a NCB paper first author form the postdoc and a Mol Cell first author review, but I heard from some people that that would not be enough, so it would be a waste of time applying. I have other 2 first author MS that will see the light soon but not so soon for this call.

What do you guys think?

Shall I give it a try anyways?
Yes I would try!

Iko

Post by Iko » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm

CGN wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:10 pm
Iko wrote:

I think before. In the timeframe they say early/mid-March. I have looked at the chats from previous years and usually the results arrive one or two weeks earlier than expected. It seems very likely to me that they will be sent next week, even with the deadline extension

CGN

Post by CGN » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 pm

Iko wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:23 pm
CGN wrote:
Iko wrote:

I think before. In the timeframe they say early/mid-March. I have looked at the chats from previous years and usually the results arrive one or two weeks earlier than expected. It seems very likely to me that they will be sent next week, even with the deadline extension
Last year they sent it between the 12 of March and the 21 (I've read some tweets about this), indeed way before expected. I don't know if everyone is informed on the same day or not, I wonder why some people tweeted about being invited to the interview 10 days later than others.

I really struggled with anxiety of not knowing. If invited, we need to start preparing.
If not invited, we need to prepare for the next call (Stg or consolidator).

Both scenarios are very challenging 😣

Iko

Post by Iko » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:15 pm

:)
CGN wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:33 pm
Iko wrote:
CGN wrote:

Last year they sent it between the 12 of March and the 21 (I've read some tweets about this), indeed way before expected. I don't know if everyone is informed on the same day or not, I wonder why some people tweeted about being invited to the interview 10 days later than others.

I really struggled with anxiety of not knowing. If invited, we need to start preparing.

Could you tell me where people publish their results? I want to know when the first notifications start arriving

CGN

Post by CGN » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:20 pm

Iko wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:15 pm
CGN wrote:
Iko wrote:

Could you tell me where people publish their results? I want to know when the first notifications start arriving
Usually on Twitter, I use the search term "Erc interview invitation" or something like that.

Btw, panel meetings are scheduled this week and next week, so in my opinion we will be informed Monday 11 march at the earliest.

Iko

Post by Iko » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm

CGN wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:20 pm
Iko wrote:
CGN wrote:

Usually on Twitter, I use the search term "Erc interview invitation" or something like that.

Btw, panel meetings are scheduled this week and next week, so in my opinion we will be informed Monday 11 march at the earliest.
Thanks for the advice (I'm not a Twitter user :roll: )
I didn't know the meetings were scheduled for these weeks. Has the Council published that information or do you have inside

CGN

Post by CGN » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 pm

Iko wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm
CGN wrote:
Iko wrote:

I didn't know the meetings were scheduled for these weeks. Has the Council published that information or do you have inside
I contacted the National Contact Point today :) You can do the same with your own NCP

Iko

Post by Iko » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:54 pm

CGN wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:30 pm
Iko wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:35 pm
CGN wrote:

I contacted the National Contact Point today :) You can do the same with your own NCP
ohh, what a good idea... thanks for sharing it

SarahK

Post by SarahK » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:26 pm

Iko wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:57 pm
And do you know what percentage passes to the interview?
In the guidelines they have said a maximum of 44 proposals per panel will go to the interview round