2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

chemuse

Re: 2023 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship(HE-MSCA-PF-2023)

Post by chemuse » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:12 am

Syd87 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:25 am
This lottery system is very biased at one point ... how can somebody score 100%.
It is all known evaluation and favouritism..
Are you implying that there might be some kind of corruption behind? If this is the case, I would not be surprised given the recent cases of money corruption involving some lead politicians of the European Commission. That would be enormous scandal.

I totally agree with you, being granted 100 raises many questions, the most important one is that of equal treatment of all applicants. Many applicants last year have also been granted 100, and I am curious to read those applications and their corresponding evaluation summary reports.

One thing one could do at our level is to unite and ask for a general (well-substantiated) complaint or redress or whatever else, that would increase chances of success. At best, maybe, it would be nice to raise the problem to the awareness of the general scientific and research community. Some would advice to speak to journalists, that would make them panic and act accordingly 😅. 'But lack of evidence', they would argue. Unless we have someone from the inside… 🤔

Btw, some of us could become experts for the HORIZON CALL, this way one would see how it works from the inside.

Other People here, especially some of those who got it, might argue that the system is fair and that if they got it is due to the absolute absence of any piece of meat in their proposals that the referees might exploit for their critics. This is why you guys have plenty of them over the sections, it is simply not perfectly meat-free.

Choose the side of your story.

Cheers,
A failed MSCA applicant.

spes

Post by spes » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 am

fmpStanford wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:09 pm
l0e42 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:01 pm
fmpStanford wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:21 pm

First, the SOE does not mean anything. Sorry to be this direct.
I got 91% and is exactly the same, nothing change.

Second; I am afraid that is all you will get. One of my reviewers got confused in my Gantt chart and fucked upo all my percentage; we cannot even complain.
How do you know if/which reviewer got confused?

got 4.8 / 5 / 3.8

They got confused with the timeline, they said the Gantt chart did not align with the workplan but it did.
They said there was a total mismatch with months and years :shock:
and it is correct.
A similar situation in the judgment of my Gannt: it seems that they have confused the outgoing with the ingoing phase, so they have incorrectly placed a WP at the end of the project. The Gannt has had an excellent judgment (Strengths), but a not-existing chronological and methodological inconsistency has been detected (Weaknesses). I'm a little disappointed and frustrated. But the problem could have been my English language….at least I hope it. Last year there were no weaknesses in this regard.
Last edited by spes on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

regyx

Post by regyx » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:39 am

Reject here. Anyone get strengths/weaknesses that make no specific reference to your proposal? All the comments are extremely general, which is just not helpful for revision and project progression. Bummer.

eleo2093

Post by eleo2093 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:59 am

Hi guys, I have contacted the NCP and here you have the cut-offs for each field. Anyways, those on the waiting list can you join the other discussion "2023 reserve list" http://www.talkacademia.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=10 ?
Attachments
Captura de Pantalla 2024-02-13 a las 10.58.03.png
Captura de Pantalla 2024-02-13 a las 10.58.03.png (37.64 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

Onye Whyte

Post by Onye Whyte » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:14 pm

Hi guys!

Please what is the earliest a fellow can start the fellowship and what is the maximum time a fellow is allowed to extend the staring time?

I would appreciate if anyone would give me any information on this. Is there a document from the EU that I need to consult to know what obtains? Or do I have to contact the NCP for answers?

IT IS URGENT PLEASE!

Thank you in advance.

Dr.Honeywine

Post by Dr.Honeywine » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:54 pm

avv_2024 wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:31 pm
Congratulations!

From what I learned this morning from the research office of my host institute, they take care of the DoH signature.
Btw, I only got the email for the DoH; no congratulations whatsoever. Luckily, my host institute was more explicit about the good news. Is this the case for everyone?

EF-LIF: 96% :)

xiaoxiangshuiyun wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 pm
Onye Whyte wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:34 pm
Hi guys!

I am very excited. I got it! EF_CHE; 94%. Just received the congratulatory email and Declaration of Honour from the EU.

Second time! First time I achieved SOE with 87% (last year). The comments received were very helpful.

Keep challenging! Never give up!
Huge congratulations! Well deserved!
Do you perhaps know if "Project Legal Signatory" = our host institute or proposed supervisor, or we can sign the Declaration of Honor ourselves?
It looks like I can't sign that myself, so I guess it must be done by the host? Appreciate it if you can provide any info or thoughts? Thanks!
I would be very grateful for any one who scored 5 in the implementation part for EF LIF to share me only the implementation part. Excellence part to share me only excellence part only (I scored 4.1, 5 and 4). It seems I have big problem in the implementation part. My email address is sima_et@yahoo.com et is for Ethiopia not extraterrestrial.

ig_89

Post by ig_89 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 am

Hi all,

Congrats to all successful applicants! EF - ENG 96% here.

I want to make some questions if someone in the forum has a similar issue. I recently started at a position that I would like not to give up and see it through. I have discussed this with my supervisors and they are open to having me working part time at this role and part time my Marie - Curie. However I will need initially some more time to put everything in order.

So my questions are:
1. How and when do I specify the start date of the Marie-Curie? Is there a specific limit?
2. Is it possible to change my Marie-Curie to part time (50%)?

Thank you!

xiaoxiangshuiyun

Post by xiaoxiangshuiyun » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:09 am

Thanks for bringing up this topic, as I'm struggling with similar issues too!

For the Grant Agreement prep, my host institute is now asking me for the start date.

I can ask my host institute to clarify if there is any official rule for the timeline regarding the start date, and if I get anything, I'll post here.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to share some personal experience about how to wisely schedule the start date, and if there is a max. postponing limit, e.g., 1 year or a few months, to which reference time point this max. limit refers.

Many thanks!

ig_89 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 am
Hi all,

I want to make some questions if someone in the forum has a similar issue. I recently started at a position that I would like not to give up and see it through. I have discussed this with my supervisors and they are open to having me working part time at this role and part time my Marie - Curie. However I will need initially some more time to put everything in order.

So my questions are:
1. How and when do I specify the start date of the Marie-Curie? Is there a specific limit?

Thank you!

xiaoxiangshuiyun

Post by xiaoxiangshuiyun » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:15 pm

Hi, I'm sharing the information I got from my host institute (in France). I suggest you contact your host institute and/or national contact to verify information in your case.

Start Date Options
When choosing the start date particular attention should be paid to the time required for
the researcher to arrive physically at your institution (e.g. travel time, visa formalities, prior
family and/or contractual obligations, etc) and to receive a signed employment contract
(e.g. internal administrative procedures at the host). Therefore please choose a realistic
date for the start of the project.

In the system there are two possible options:
1) "Fixed start date"
Selecting this option means that your project will start on a specific, pre-defined
date. This date must be encoded during the GAP procedure, together with a
compulsory explanation in the “Justification” box. For example, “the researcher's
current contract will end on …”.
• The earliest possible fixed start date for your project will be 01/04/2024
• The latest possible fixed start date that can be chosen is 01/09/2025

2) "First day of the month following the signature of the Grant Agreement"
Although this is the option pre-selected by the system we do not encourage it. It
should only be selected if the researcher is already at the host beneficiary. You will
not be able to know when the project will start since it will depend on the time taken
to complete the GAP procedure.

ig_89 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:34 am
Hi all,

So my questions are:

Thank you!

PlasmaFuture

Post by PlasmaFuture » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone clarify the situation with re-submitting the successful application on the Je-S system in the case of the UK host? :?: