2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Justt

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Justt » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:31 pm

msca_wait wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:03 pm
Do people think we'll start getting results on Monday morning? Or you think they'll come out later in the week?
Another round of speculation?

Well, with no specific date/day from the EC, we should just be expectant till Friday. What seems to be certain is that we'll have the result next week, If we can go by their recent notification.

I actually believe we should have it before Friday but it may not be Monday

Frydendahl

Post by Frydendahl » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:41 pm

I'm sure they won't have overcome the enormous technical challenge of sending 8000 simultaneous emails by Monday ( :roll: ), probably will be a rolling release over a few days.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 pm

Frydendahl wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:41 pm
I'm sure they won't have overcome the enormous technical challenge of sending 8000 simultaneous emails by Monday ( :roll: ), probably will be a rolling release over a few days.
For what I've gathered from that article posted some pages back is that EC notify successful/reserve list first. They said they can't send all emails at once, it'll take a few days for everybody to be notified.

I think they'll start Monday,but everybody should be notified until the end of next week... It sucks, bc when you start seeing people getting notified you'll know you got rejected before you even get the official email

CatTaotao

Post by CatTaotao » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:03 pm
Frydendahl wrote:
For what I've gathered from that article posted some pages back is that EC notify successful/reserve list first. They said they can't send all emails at once, it'll take a few days for everybody to be notified.

I think they'll start Monday,but everybody should be notified until the end of next week... It sucks, bc when you start seeing people getting notified you'll know you got rejected before you even get the official email
Maybe we can ask NCP about our grade when we see someone else already get the result.

michelef

Post by michelef » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:14 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Frydendahl wrote:

The interesting part is that it doesn't make any sense... In the past years they were always able to notify 10,000+ applicants within 24/48 hours. Why is their system seemingly no longer able to do that?

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:51 pm

XmendeleievX wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:57 pm
Checking the table that we are building together I realized that someone with my same panel (CHE), same type of fellowship (GF) and first letter of acronym very close to mine (S vs P) went to ranking the 1st of march while I went to ranking on the 2nd. This seems to invalidate the theories of acronym order and panels order, and goes again in the direction of ranking by score, which is quite bad for me by the way.

(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =782972678)
What's up with this data set?

MSCA20

Post by MSCA20 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:00 pm
roro wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:56 am
liukank wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:26 am

I moved from Italy to Spain then Germany with my husband and (then) 6 months old baby. I had a German salary and a very good expat allowance, witch made living with just one salary very easy. But it was 2020, so, pandemics situation and with lockdown and all, it was definitely very hard. My kid is now almost 3 and struggling a bit with learning German (we are a bilingual family), but I think is the fault of his kindergarten.
Thank you for sharing. I know that kindergarten is very pricy in some cities and also that it may be difficult for the partner to get a job abroad. This together with a pricy rent would make it difficult to live on one salary.

I am also in a difficult situation. If I get the grant I must bring my mom with me, and they don't give you family allowance when you're are caretaker of your parents! I am worried about not only having to support two persons, with all the medical insurance I'll have to pay for her, as well as her adjustment to another country, since she never travelled abroad (actually she never travels to another state inside our country!). Everything worries me, language, weather, budget.... But then again, I am a worrier, I get stressed planned how to exit a bus I take every single day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If your mom is too orthodox, then you chose the best country as host. Spain right? :P

mc_paranoia

Post by mc_paranoia » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:16 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
roro wrote:
liukank wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:26 am

I moved from Italy to Spain then Germany with my husband and (then) 6 months old baby. I had a German salary and a very good expat allowance, witch made living with just one salary very easy. But it was 2020, so, pandemics situation and with lockdown and all, it was definitely very hard. My kid is now almost 3 and struggling a bit with learning German (we are a bilingual family), but I think is the fault of his kindergarten.
Thank you for sharing. I know that kindergarten is very pricy in some cities and also that it may be difficult for the partner to get a job abroad. This together with a pricy rent would make it difficult to live on one salary.

I am also in a difficult situation. If I get the grant I must bring my mom with me, and they don't give you family allowance when you're are caretaker of your parents! I am worried about not only having to support two persons, with all the medical insurance I'll have to pay for her, as well as her adjustment to another country, since she never travelled abroad (actually she never travels to another state inside our country!). Everything worries me, language, weather, budget.... But then again, I am a worrier, I get stressed planned how to exit a bus I take every single day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bravo to you - for your mom and you, I really wish you get it! :!:

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:42 pm

mc_paranoia wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:16 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
roro wrote:

Bravo to you - for your mom and you, I really wish you get it! :!:
Thank you!!! :D

4degrees

Post by 4degrees » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:04 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Frydendahl wrote:

The article you posted is the same one (from Chemistryworld) which I posted a few weeks ago, isn't it? If so, it was written in February 2021, just after the results announcement from last year, and by someone not affiliated with the EC, so we still have no real idea of what's going to happen.

It seems like the announcement will be in the portal, but will we get an email telling us to check the portal? I don't know. They should have said there will be an email when the results are ready for you to check in the portal, to stop us from constantly refreshing next week and potentially causing a DDOS attack on their servers.

You would also think/hope that if they're doing the results over several days that they would do them by panel, instead of successful applicants first. That way those who are unsuccessful aren't waiting days just for the confirmation of rejection. But then, this would require some actual thinking on the EC's part, which so far seems to have been a bit absent :?