2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Unlucky

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by Unlucky » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:31 pm

fourtimesfailedmsca wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:17 am
Still in Evaluation... :oops:
Me too.. in Evaluation. But the fact is i just wrote the proposal myself and submitted with no experience. Host was too busy. Just glanced my proposal after my submission. Probably i can learn this time.

However the situation, i expect some decent score

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:42 pm

Unlucky wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:31 pm
Me too.. in Evaluation. But the fact is i just wrote the proposal myself and submitted with no experience. Host was too busy. Just glanced my proposal after my submission. Probably i can learn this time.

Did you prepare the proposal with a handbook or attend a seminar/webinar on MSCA grant proposal writing? I believe one needs a lot of information to come up with a strong proposal that will be competitive enough. My supervisor told me from the beginning that I should know that it was my own application....(I guess he meant that I should not expect much input from him. All in all, I tried my best after attending two webinars on MSCA
grant writing/preparation. Keeping my fingers crossed. All the best for everyone!

Bahador

Post by Bahador » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:47 pm

Everybody's gone for a drink?
Good choice though... :D
Looking forward to seeing you celebrate, "possibly during the upcoming week"!!! :D

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:56 pm

Bahador wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:47 pm
Everybody's gone for a drink?
Good choice though... :D
Looking forward to seeing you celebrate, "possibly during the upcoming week"!!! :D
Somehow buddy. I have to unwind this time. The tempo here is now very low. No theorem (based on speculations) has been postulated so far. EVERYONE is tired :roll: :roll:
Enjoy your weekend.

Frydendahl

Post by Frydendahl » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:12 pm

I think you would have to be a vat-grown genetically engineered Brussels super bureaucrat to be able to write a successful proposal on your own these days. There are so many little weird idiosyncrasies and details you need to account for, which you would only really know about if you attended NCP seminars or followed the Net4Mobility MSCA survival guide.

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:18 pm

Frydendahl wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:12 pm
I think you would have to be a vat-grown genetically engineered Brussels super bureaucrat to be able to write a successful proposal on your own these days. There are so many little weird idiosyncrasies and details you need to account for, which you would only really know about if you attended NCP seminars or followed the Net4Mobility MSCA survival guide.
Surely..! Thanks for your submission

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:19 pm

Frydendahl wrote:
I hope that's not the case, otherwise I'll have no chances... Done none of those...

Sleek_IF

Post by Sleek_IF » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Frydendahl wrote:
I hope that's not the case, otherwise I'll have no chances... Done none of those...
I can assure you this. You would need some kind of external input/assistance to come up with a nice proposal (regardless of your very wonderful novel idea).

Unlucky

Post by Unlucky » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:27 pm

Sleek_IF wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:42 pm
Unlucky wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:31 pm

Did you prepare the proposal with a handbook or attend a seminar/webinar on MSCA grant proposal writing? I believe one needs a lot of information to come up with a strong proposal that will be competitive enough. My supervisor told me from the beginning that I should know that it was my own application....(I guess he meant that I should not expect much input from him. All in all, I tried my best after attending two webinars on MSCA
grant writing/preparation. Keeping my fingers crossed. All the best for everyone!
[/quote

Yes i too had some benchmark for guidelines but I didn't attend seminars. Iam now making up mind for my second attempt.

Cr@zyChem

Post by Cr@zyChem » Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:39 pm

Sleek_IF wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:26 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:19 pm
Frydendahl wrote:
I can assure you this. You would need some kind of external input/assistance to come up with a nice proposal (regardless of your very wonderful novel idea).
Ok