2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

horizon

Re: 2021 Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship (HE-MSCA-PF-2021)

Post by horizon » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:35 pm

dw2022 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:12 pm
horizon wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:57 pm
Just to avoid obsessing over the results, I have packed my full day tomorrow from 8 am to 7 pm with experiments. ;)
Full respect to weekend worker!!
Last year I got myself fully occupied with weekend experiments and I swore I won’t do that again… :twisted:

But being busy with something else is definitely a good distraction :lol: I am trying to do so too this week.
Merci :)

Abz

Post by Abz » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:39 pm

paros wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:24 pm
I see that someones say that if you went to ranking phase in 1st of March , then you got it. How this is explained?
This issue was discussed and exhausted in the earlier posts and I am not sure if anyone will respond in detail. It is not very clear and we don't have enough data to prove that early ranking means high score, but previous experience suggested that. For more details please see earlier posts.

horizon

Post by horizon » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 pm

paros wrote:
I see that someones say that if you went to ranking phase in 1st of March , then you got it. How this is explained?
So, there is this theory and its only a theory (before anonymous_insider jumps on me), that STATUS changes as per RANKING in descending order. Last year, the first RANKING changes happened around 3 pm (Stemitist can correct me, if I am wrong). So certain people went to RANKING super quickly and certain went to ranking after sometime (about a wait of 5 hrs). The former were placed on the MAIN list or the reserve list, while the later had >85% (i.e seal of excellence).

Last year I personally was always on Evaluation and got 84.4. Dreamer (our all time hero), was also below 85 and was also in Evaluation and never moved to Ranking.

So, the current theory is (looking around suspiciously for anonymous_insider...Phew.. OK OK (s)he is not there), some people this time moved to RANKING on 1st March and some moved to ranking on 2nd March, so probably a similar pattern.

All in all, people from the current forum have gone back to 2 years discussions with a fine toothed comb and this is the general pattern. But thats it. This is not a controlled study. This is postdocs trying to find a pattern.

Best bet is to relax but this is easier said than done. I am not relaxing, I am sure Cr@zychem isnt either ;)... As well as several others in this forum.

KathyHappy

Post by KathyHappy » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:58 pm

4degrees wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:57 pm
Cr@zyChem wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:52 pm
MSCA_SOC_2019 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:31 pm
Who think we will start getting results early Monday morning? :?:
I have a feeling, but I think it's just my mind's way for coping...
This week has been mentally and emotionally exhausting. I don't think I can go another nine days like this...
Me too! If only for the sake of being able to focus enough to get some work done :lol:

Is anyone planning to stay up late tomorrow night just in case? I'm in the UK, so currently 1 hour behind CET and I'm a bit of a night person, so no doubt I will be awake for quite a while :shock:
I'm 7 hours ahead of CET and I can't sleep either! I have been up all night, oh my, I don't know if I can bear this any longer, it drives me crazy

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:29 pm

horizon wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:49 pm
paros wrote:
So, there is this theory and its only a theory (before anonymous_insider jumps on me), that STATUS changes as per RANKING in descending order. Last year, the first RANKING changes happened around 3 pm (Stemitist can correct me, if I am wrong). So certain people went to RANKING super quickly and certain went to ranking after sometime (about a wait of 5 hrs). The former were placed on the MAIN list or the reserve list, while the later had >85% (i.e seal of excellence).

Last year I personally was always on Evaluation and got 84.4. Dreamer (our all time hero), was also below 85 and was also in Evaluation and never moved to Ranking.

So, the current theory is (looking around suspiciously for anonymous_insider...Phew.. OK OK (s)he is not there), some people this time moved to RANKING on 1st March and some moved to ranking on 2nd March, so probably a similar pattern.

All in all, people from the current forum have gone back to 2 years discussions with a fine toothed comb and this is the general pattern. But thats it. This is not a controlled study. This is postdocs trying to find a pattern.

Best bet is to relax but this is easier said than done. I am not relaxing, I am sure Cr@zychem isnt either ;)... As well as several others in this forum.
Regarding this "theory" I have been reading last year's forum for a good hour and I found several examples of people who moved to ranking first and got the grant. I have not found any examples of people who moved to ranking later and got the grant or people who moved to ranking first and didn't get it. Is there someone here who moved fast to ranking last year and did not get the grant?. I think if we can find even one person that would help getting rid of this theory.

horizon

Post by horizon » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 pm

XmendeleievX wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:29 pm
horizon wrote:
paros wrote:

Regarding this "theory" I have been reading last year's forum for a good hour and I found several examples of people who moved to ranking first and got the grant. I have not found any examples of people who moved to ranking later and got the grant or people who moved to ranking first and didn't get it. Is there someone here who moved fast to ranking last year and did not get the grant?. I think if we can find even one person that would help getting rid of this theory.
True, I agree. We need just one person's example to contradict this pattern to debunk this theory for good. That way next year's applicants won't let it mess up their minds about the magic link.

For the record, this is my last application and I won't be applying again, if I don't get it this time.

Anyways, that's what we do isn't it XmendeleievX, we build hypotheses to see if we can refute them :)

XmendeleievX

Post by XmendeleievX » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:49 pm

horizon wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:35 pm
XmendeleievX wrote:
horizon wrote:

True, I agree. We need just one person's example to contradict this pattern to debunk this theory for good. That way next year's applicants won't let it mess up their minds about the magic link.

For the record, this is my last application and I won't be applying again, if I don't get it this time.

Anyways, that's what we do isn't it XmendeleievX, we build hypotheses to see if we can refute them :)
Yes, this is my third and last application as well. I have been refusing to believe this "first rankings get the grant" theory. But after reading and reading last year's forum I think it might actually be possible (in which case I would not get it again). There has been a lot of debate about this and most of us (me included) kept saying that it is probably nothing and it is random, however.... As you say if we could have at least ONE person saying "I got to ranking with the first ones and I didn't get it" that could be something.

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:50 pm

XmendeleievX wrote:
horizon wrote:
paros wrote:

Actually, there were quite a few people that said that some went to 'RANKING' later and they were those who got the funding. And others that said that they were always submission and got the funding. So, it's all rumours and speculations for now.

triad_Mon

Post by triad_Mon » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:01 am

Can I ask another question... Has someone counted how many people got the funding from inside this forum?

Chemista

Post by Chemista » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:26 am

I got ranking last year 5 hours later than those who went ranking first in the morning. I got 87, my partner went ranking a few hours after me and he got 80. I think the ones with ranking on the 1st of March early in the morning will get it, for the rest it is random.