2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

lifmc2020

Re: 2020 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2020)

Post by lifmc2020 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm

its not about the inauguration Elke, its about Bernie, how do you not make a meme from that picture...? if any European politician had a pic like this I would have just as easily made a meme from it. sorry you didn't like it, it brought me much joy.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm

lifmc2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:05 pm
its not about the inauguration Elke, its about Bernie, how do you not make a meme from that picture...? if any European politician had a pic like this I would have just as easily made a meme from it. sorry you didn't like it, it brought me much joy.
I got joy from this picture! I love Bernie! I also love that we now have a U.S. President married to someone who is committed to higher education and who has a PhD. This is really exciting! Yesterday was a good day.

FYI, I also love EU political memes. So if we are going to make this 2.5 weeks until we have results go by smoothly, I would be strongly in favor of MSCA memes created that draw from a range of contexts. lifmc2020 did a great job on this one.

Elke

Post by Elke » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm

lifmc2020 wrote:
Don't get me wrong lifmc2020, I loved your picture! :D I also had to google who on Earth was the guy. :roll:

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm

Elke wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:48 pm
The number of digits simply reflects the number of applications in the "cycle". Last year applications were in the range of 80... something, and this year's numbers are cumulative on top of that.

Honestly, last year thread was much kinder to each other. I hated the bullying here of SER0 and even of Dreamer, and now you found another target.

If you don't like speculations, why do you read this thread? :roll: There can be nothing but speculations before the official results.

And honestly, not the whole world cares about the inauguration in US.
If you want kindness, contact Dreamer's NCP. Enough with this over-sensitivity. Here we have freedom of expression, as long as we stick with the rules of this forum. Criticism is part of the game.

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:34 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 pm
lifmc2020 wrote:
I got joy from this picture! I love Bernie! I also love that we now have a U.S. President married to someone who is committed to higher education and who has a PhD. This is really exciting! Yesterday was a good day.

FYI, I also love EU political memes. So if we are going to make this 2.5 weeks until we have results go by smoothly, I would be strongly in favor of MSCA memes created that draw from a range of contexts. lifmc2020 did a great job on this one.
memes will get us through guys :D

mArkangjel

Post by mArkangjel » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:37 pm

Hi all,

I have not been posting frequently but I really enjoyed following the discussions and speculations here until only few days ago while the commentary was still light-hearted.

However, there is simply too much animosity right now and its becoming a little bit toxic to be honest. We are all stressed out, but please; we all have doctorates and we should know better than jumping into angry rants and bullying while hiding behind the anonymity of online forums.

Please, remember to be kind, take it easy, take a deep breath and lets all enjoy in the excitement of waiting for the results.

PetetheCat

Post by PetetheCat » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:42 pm

AnnaMC wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm
Elke wrote:
The number of digits simply reflects the number of applications in the "cycle". Last year applications were in the range of 80... something, and this year's numbers are cumulative on top of that.

Honestly, last year thread was much kinder to each other. I hated the bullying here of SER0 and even of Dreamer, and now you found another target.

If you don't like speculations, why do you read this thread? :roll: There can be nothing but speculations before the official results.

If you want kindness, contact Dreamer's NCP. Enough with this over-sensitivity. Here we have freedom of expression, as long as we stick with the rules of this forum. Criticism is part of the game.
I hold my hand up as someone who was suspicious of Dreamer last year and made troll accusations. I was totally wrong and I have apologized profusely to Dreamer. But when some random person has your result on the internet, it seems hard to be true.

SERO is new to this forum this year and has posted a story that changes with the wind. I think that we, as people quite able to do research (probably some of the future of European research is in this forum!) can point this out. And if someone wants to puff themselves up and talk about how they are the greatest scientist on the planet, of course they lend themselves to some jokes.

I think that every one of us hopes that everyone will get funded. That is genuinely my feeling. But I will laugh at anyone who wants to show off their ego and talk about how great they are.

And also continue to apologize to Dreamer who did so many of us a huge favor last year.

Now, back to cat memes . . . ?

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:45 pm

PetetheCat wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:42 pm
AnnaMC wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:33 pm
Elke wrote:

I hold my hand up as someone who was suspicious of Dreamer last year and made troll accusations. I was totally wrong and I have apologized profusely to Dreamer. But when some random person has your result on the internet, it seems hard to be true.

SERO is new to this forum this year and has posted a story that changes with the wind. I think that we, as people quite able to do research (probably some of the future of European research is in this forum!) can point this out. And if someone wants to puff themselves up and talk about how they are the greatest scientist on the planet, of course they lend themselves to some jokes.

I think that every one of us hopes that everyone will get funded. That is genuinely my feeling. But I will laugh at anyone who wants to show off their ego and talk about how great they are.

And also continue to apologize to Dreamer who did so many of us a huge favor last year.

Now, back to cat memes . . . ?
See what I did there.
Attachments
14.jpg
14.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 4023 times

lifmc2020

Post by lifmc2020 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 pm

4uoske.jpg
4uoske.jpg (72.54 KiB) Viewed 4014 times

AnnaMC

Post by AnnaMC » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 pm

lifmc2020 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 pm
4uoske.jpg
You seem to be a likeable person.