MSCA-IF awardees in 2019 and academics networking

MSCA_SOC_2019

Re: MSCA-IF awardees in 2019 and academics networking

Post by MSCA_SOC_2019 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:03 pm

happyOne wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Hello everybody, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a very happyOne! I'm pretty much in doubt about my next steps...Should I make the DOA myself or it's the host institution responsibility, should I rewrite my ethics (since I got "clearance"), if so where to upload it? Is seems very "empty" around here and I was wondering if anyone else were interested in chatting about the next steps within the "GAP".
Hi, I got it in SOC panel too. I have no news from my host institution till now. Except that they change the contact person because the previous one leaved uni. I will be happy to chat with you bout the next steps and to see how the things are going for us.
Anyway I think that the host institution takes care of everything. They know how to manage GAP better than us.

happyOne

Post by happyOne » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:17 pm

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:43 pm
I have a CAR, I understood from the university administration responsible with the GAP that the first version is due February 18.
happyOne wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Hello everybody, I got 93.2 SOC and funded. I'm a very happyOne! I'm pretty much in doubt about my next steps...Should I make the DOA myself or it's the host institution responsibility, should I rewrite my ethics (since I got "clearance"), if so where to upload it? Is seems very "empty" around here and I was wondering if anyone else were interested in chatting about the next steps within the "GAP".
What's a CAR? I under the impression that I already know the answer, but my memory just got into a "blue screen"...rs

Lustigelola

Post by Lustigelola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:18 am

triad_Mon wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:13 pm
Hello all,

I am a IF awardee and I have a question on finances. I too have been unpaid during my last work and was wondering how the relocation is handled. I see that this is included in the mobility allowance and the latter is included in the salary, but when is the salary paid?

Also, I had some problems with my last work contract, as I had also just signed a job offer since I was not expecting to be awarded and it was a really good opportunity for me with a well-respected group. I have been trying to contact the project officer from the EU because there was (and is) a long period of negotiations, but I haven't heard from him since I submitted the legal data.
Same question here, I'm especially concerned about the costs of moving and renting a place in the USA (I'm a GF in SOC) before my first salary is in... It's quite a sum I'll need in advance... I guess MSCA is aware of that? I'm not getting many answerrs from my Uni's grant registration office.... :|

Lustigelola

Post by Lustigelola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:32 am

I also found this very interesting doc on financial matters: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecuri ... ote_en.pdf

"In addition to the basic salary, as an IF fellow you are eligible to receive a mobility allowance (for all fellows) and a family allowance (if you have family obligations5). Both allowances are paid as fixed monthly amounts (the Country Correction Coefficient is not applied) to the beneficiaries, who will pay them to you. Depending on the applicable national legislation, these amounts may be excluded from taxation. You could ask your employer to combine several months of mobility allowance into a large advance payment, in order to meet the high initial costs of moving country."

Lustigelola

Post by Lustigelola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:38 am

Turpentine wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 pm
Do former fellows could kindly give us some info on the take-home salary of an MSCA-IF in their different countries? That would be very helpful to make some plan on e.g. what amount we can dedicate to rent a place. I can't find clear info on that on internet :cry: Thanks a lot!!!
Check this: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecuri ... ote_en.pdf

Lustigelola

Post by Lustigelola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:40 am

CountZ wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm
Turpentine wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:05 am
Regarding the MSCA-IF progress, does anyone know if being common-in-law (Canadian legal status equivalent to marriage) is sufficient to claim the family allowance?

Thanks for your participation in this thread, and do not hesitate to register and post your thoughts! :) (or best jokes...)
Great idea on the thread, and congrats on your fellowship. Are you from French-Speaking Canada?
I'd assume the common-in-law would suffice, but you'd have to be married from the time of the application (2018) and have ticked the box on the A form so your project budget includes it.
"Family is defined as persons linked to you by (i) marriage, or (ii) a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country or region where this relationship was formalised; or (iii) dependent children who you are actually maintaining. The family situation is determined at the deadline of the relevant call for proposals." https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecuri ... ote_en.pdf

Robrad30

Post by Robrad30 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 am

Whereabouts in the US are you moving too? I got an IF-SE and am moving back home from the US. Huuuuge differences in the cost of living depending on where you are planning to go.
Lustigelola wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:18 am
triad_Mon wrote:
Hello all,

I am a IF awardee and I have a question on finances. I too have been unpaid during my last work and was wondering how the relocation is handled. I see that this is included in the mobility allowance and the latter is included in the salary, but when is the salary paid?

Also, I had some problems with my last work contract, as I had also just signed a job offer since I was not expecting to be awarded and it was a really good opportunity for me with a well-respected group. I have been trying to contact the project officer from the EU because there was (and is) a long period of negotiations, but I haven't heard from him since I submitted the legal data.
Same question here, I'm especially concerned about the costs of moving and renting a place in the USA (I'm a GF in SOC) before my first salary is in... It's quite a sum I'll need in advance... I guess MSCA is aware of that? I'm not getting many answerrs from my Uni's grant registration office.... :|

Marjan

Post by Marjan » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:23 am

Hi, is there anyone planning to start the fellowship in Germany?

Lustigelola

Post by Lustigelola » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:11 am

Robrad30 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:05 am
Whereabouts in the US are you moving too? I got an IF-SE and am moving back home from the US. Huuuuge differences in the cost of living depending on where you are planning to go.
Lustigelola wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:18 am
triad_Mon wrote:
Hello all,

Hey...! I'm going to Dartmouth. I'm guessing it will be expensive....

happyOne

Post by happyOne » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:29 am

Marjan wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:23 am
Hi, is there anyone planning to start the fellowship in Germany?
Hello Marjan, I'm going to Germany.