2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

expert_pastMC

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by expert_pastMC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm

well, this doesn't really apply to the UK NCPs at the moment :D no-deal Brexit is round the corner, so the EC will have nothing to do with them... :mrgreen:

fr489 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:13 pm
elii wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:08 pm
JJLIF2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm
I don't get why they don't just specify the date precisely. After this point, everybody is anyways checking the system every night at 12. So ....
In my view, there is something wrong otherwise saying a precise date wouldn't be that difficult. At the worst case, they could just say expect to see the results in the deadline but it seems they are not even sure about 12th Feb ....
Yes I also think there is something wrong. I find it strange that the NPC themselves were misled about the date of release of results. If they had wanted to set a precedent they would have made that decision earlier and tell the NPCs accordingly: it’s not in their best interest to be in bad terms with the entities that guarantee the smith running of the fellowships at the national level.

JJLIF2019

Post by JJLIF2019 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 pm

This makes sense. I really hope the results will come out today. To quote someone here I have never been so eager to get a rejection in my life :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think they could really start at 17 CET. This would be great but I am afraid it will go towards 00:00 again. How many more sleepless nights?? Sleep deprivation is slowly staring to take over :lol: :lol:
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Well, one of you called the other emailed. They cannot admit on writing that they know when the results will be delivered as this info is probably given to them off-the record. So I can understand why the same source gave two conflicting answers.

Best.
JJLIF2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm
What I don't get is why the Swiss NCP gave such a precise info if he/she had no idea (he/she even specified the minute for yesterday)...This also casts doubt on what the other NCPs are saying. Plus that the UK NCP seems to be saying slightly different things to different people. expert_pastMC who did you call? NCP or comission?

Giadina_1988

Post by Giadina_1988 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm

... And after almost a week of going to sleep in your company... I ultimately decided to post something!
I am like an addict: anytime I tell myself 'this is the last time I check...' and after 1h I am back again refreshing the forum for news :-) Waiting is nerve-wracking but in Italy we always say 'no news is good news'. After many many many rejections you become philosophical and start just to be positive and learn from your mistakes.
I am at my second attempt with MSCA. Since I was awarded my PhD last year I have had a pretty bad moon on academic applications and I am at present working in the private sector, because as everyone here I need to pay bills. But I never stop writing and keep updates.

Question: I got on the portal for the first time since the submission, last week. My status is 'final'. I have read a lot of different posts about statuses ... 'Final' is a bad thing???

'It essential to create many tomorrows which are worthy of such a beautiful beginning' wrote a philosopher I love. So my wish to all of us is that all those hours we spent thinking about something brilliant to write ... Were only the beginning of our beautiful tomorrow !

And hopefully ... Literally tomorrow ! ;)

Xxx

GiGi

elii

Post by elii » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm

JJLIF2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 pm
This makes sense. I really hope the results will come out today. To quote someone here I have never been so eager to get a rejection in my life :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do you think they could really start at 17 CET. This would be great but I am afraid it will go towards 00:00 again. How many more sleepless nights?? Sleep deprivation is slowly staring to take over :lol: :lol:
ATBGF2017 wrote:
Well, one of you called the other emailed. They cannot admit on writing that they know when the results will be delivered as this info is probably given to them off-the record. So I can understand why the same source gave two conflicting answers.

Best.
JJLIF2019 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm
What I don't get is why the Swiss NCP gave such a precise info if he/she had no idea (he/she even specified the minute for yesterday)...This also casts doubt on what the other NCPs are saying. Plus that the UK NCP seems to be saying slightly different things to different people. expert_pastMC who did you call? NCP or comission?
I have not slept properly for two weeks. I already seeing the side effects :roll:

expert_pastMC

Post by expert_pastMC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 pm

welcome! no, final is not a bad thing. you are probably looking at the *mainstream* website. we all have final there. are you sure you want at this point to look at all the links that have circulated to see your 'phase'?

Giadina_1988 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm
... And after almost a week of going to sleep in your company... I ultimately decided to post something!
I am like an addict: anytime I tell myself 'this is the last time I check...' and after 1h I am back again refreshing the forum for news :-) Waiting is nerve-wracking but in Italy we always say 'no news is good news'. After many many many rejections you become philosophical and start just to be positive and learn from your mistakes.
I am at my second attempt with MSCA. Since I was awarded my PhD last year I have had a pretty bad moon on academic applications and I am at present working in the private sector, because as everyone here I need to pay bills. But I never stop writing and keep updates.

Question: I got on the portal for the first time since the submission, last week. My status is 'final'. I have read a lot of different posts about statuses ... 'Final' is a bad thing???

'It essential to create many tomorrows which are worthy of such a beautiful beginning' wrote a philosopher I love. So my wish to all of us is that all those hours we spent thinking about something brilliant to write ... Were only the beginning of our beautiful tomorrow !

Xxx

GiGi

expert_pastMC

Post by expert_pastMC » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:27 pm

how strange, I have become addicted to this forum and to refreshing all the links circulating here and this is not even for myself (I am the supervisor)!!! but I do remember all the stress and sleepless nights I had 2-3 years ago while waiting for the results for myself and I can totally feel it again now. Good luck all! I wish you all the best!

elii wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm
JJLIF2019 wrote:

ATBGF2017 wrote:

Best.

I have not slept properly for two weeks. I already seeing the side effects :roll:

sherpaz

Post by sherpaz » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:29 pm

expert_pastMC wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 pm
welcome! no, final is not a bad thing. you are probably looking at the *mainstream* website. we all have final there. are you sure you want at this point to look at all the links that have circulated to see your 'phase'?

Giadina_1988 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Xxx

GiGi

kassiek

Post by kassiek » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm

Today has been a terrible day at work...so I assume that we'll get results today simply with how my bad luck always comes at once. I assume all the bad things that are going to happen to me in the next month will happen today/tomorrow. Of course this is unscientific, but...I guess good news for you guys.

lolome

Post by lolome » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm

I have to prepare so many lectures from scratch and, instead, checking this forum every 5 minutes... This is mental.
expert_pastMC wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:27 pm
how strange, I have become addicted to this forum and to refreshing all the links circulating here and this is not even for myself (I am the supervisor)!!! but I do remember all the stress and sleepless nights I had 2-3 years ago while waiting for the results for myself and I can totally feel it again now. Good luck all! I wish you all the best!

elii wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm
JJLIF2019 wrote:

Giadina_1988

Post by Giadina_1988 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm

I am effectively purposefully avoiding any links... But I admit... Temptation is evil... And evil is attractive....
expert_pastMC wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 pm