2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

kokoroko

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by kokoroko » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:11 pm

Exactly, with less than 20% success rate, it is simply more likely not to get it than to get it. I'd be very happy to get it and to see my phase as "ranking" gave me some extra hope. But it doesn't make any sense to claim with certainty that "evaluation" means the proposal is below the threshold/rejected. Even if it worked this way previously, they changed many things this year from what I understand. So the whole ranking/evaluation is just a guess and while it may be true, it remains just that, a guess until we all get the official results. It should be soon anyway. Good luck everyone!
kassiek wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:03 pm
It seems the stress levels are getting to everyone. I think things probably aren’t helped by the differing levels of sarcasm that some of the posters have. I attempt to be 100% genuine in all my posts due to sarcasm not translating well, but this can even be read as such by people.

I think we can all agree we don’t know things for sure even if we have some theories. And that everyone here wishes everyone could get the fellowship! Truth is that we can’t and it is very likely a bunch of us won’t get it. If less than 20% get it, I will even go so far as to say it’s unlikely I’ll get it. It will be sad, but I’ll be happy for all those that get it and sad for those who don’t. I believe the majority (if not all) of us feel the same.

expert_pastMC

Post by expert_pastMC » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm

Starryeyed, I insist could you please tell me from which post of mine you based your attack on me? Unless you refer to someone else? I checked all my posts and I have mostly been giving information on where to find the links to people who wanted to check! or sharing whatever I remembered from previous years. or saying what people have made of the RANKING or EVALUATION phase. I never attacked anyone, nor was I insensitive to anyone. Please link my offensive post here so that I can see it. Otherwise, please take back your attack on me, or else tell us who you refer to.

Starryeyed wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:35 pm
Do you know... I read all last year's posts. The posters all seemed mutually supportive - sharing in the nerves, and genuinely disappointed/happy to hear each other's news.
When we all started pontificating on who is under the
threshold, it started to feel nasty. Now, it's quite possible that I did indeed fail to get over 70. It was a fairly last minute attempt etc. But the thing is - I don't KNOW that. And I certainly don't know that everyone still in evaluation is under the threshold. And y'all don't know that. Most people here seem to respect that - and realise they don't KNOW what's going on w ranking and evaluation. But then there are a few that seem not to understand their own fallibility and lack of knowledge on this score. The one who calls himself expert springs to mind.
There is something slightly off about being told, not only did I definitely not get it, but also scored so lowly I will be unranked, not by an msca email, but by a self styled expert. Clearly I still have (not high) hope that I will be successful. I have high hopes that at least some of those in evaluation will be successful. If I'm right on that score, maybe it'll teach some here a lesson in humility. If not, I'll just have to bow to the expert opinion of others, though I'll maintain that, at the very least, they could have conducted themselves with a little more sensitivity and decorum. Good luck everyone!

omultphy

Post by omultphy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:17 pm

I had a dream that I got it. Saw the email and was very happy and by the time I could read through it and see the scores/report I was awake. :lol:

Rosenstiel

Post by Rosenstiel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm

I had a dream/nightmare that I woke up and I could see the large silhouette of a cat on my wall. Terrifying.

MSCIF2018SE

Post by MSCIF2018SE » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm

expert_pastMC wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:12 pm
Starryeyed, I insist could you please tell me from which post of mine you based your attack on me? Unless you refer to someone else? I checked all my posts and I have mostly been giving information on where to find the links to people who wanted to check! or sharing whatever I remembered from previous years. or saying what people have made of the RANKING or EVALUATION phase. I never attacked anyone, nor was I insensitive to anyone. Please link my offensive post here so that I can see it. Otherwise, please take back your attack on me, or else tell us who you refer to.

I agree with expert... Just because he names himself so on an anonymous platform perhaps rubs people the wrong way. He has been more than helpful and provided detailed explanations and context to all the info. Of course if someone takes his word as an official statement or a decisive argument, good luck to you hinging your unrestrained emotions on an anonymous platform.
Starryeyed wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:35 pm
Do you know... I read all last year's posts. The posters all seemed mutually supportive - sharing in the nerves, and genuinely disappointed/happy to hear each other's news.
When we all started pontificating on who is under the
threshold, it started to feel nasty. Now, it's quite possible that I did indeed fail to get over 70. It was a fairly last minute attempt etc. But the thing is - I don't KNOW that. And I certainly don't know that everyone still in evaluation is under the threshold. And y'all don't know that. Most people here seem to respect that - and realise they don't KNOW what's going on w ranking and evaluation. But then there are a few that seem not to understand their own fallibility and lack of knowledge on this score. The one who calls himself expert springs to mind.
There is something slightly off about being told, not only did I definitely not get it, but also scored so lowly I will be unranked, not by an msca email, but by a self styled expert. Clearly I still have (not high) hope that I will be successful. I have high hopes that at least some of those in evaluation will be successful. If I'm right on that score, maybe it'll teach some here a lesson in humility. If not, I'll just have to bow to the expert opinion of others, though I'll maintain that, at the very least, they could have conducted themselves with a little more sensitivity and decorum. Good luck everyone!

MVS

Post by MVS » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Was the cat's name Marie Curie?
Rosenstiel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm
I had a dream/nightmare that I woke up and I could see the large silhouette of a cat on my wall. Terrifying.

MSCIF2018SE

Post by MSCIF2018SE » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:20 pm

agree with expert... Just because he names himself so on an anonymous platform perhaps rubs people the wrong way. He has been more than helpful and provided detailed explanations and context to all the info. Of course if someone takes his word as an official statement or a decisive argument, good luck to you hinging your unrestrained emotions on an anonymous platform.

Rosenstiel

Post by Rosenstiel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:22 pm

MVS wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:20 pm
Was the cat's name Marie Curie?
Rosenstiel wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm
No idea. But I'm pretty sure it represents either my looming PhD defence or Theresa May.

amannu

Post by amannu » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Yes, just checked
expert_pastMC wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:58 pm
and do you get the same phase in the outdated link and the other one?
amannu wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:56 pm
I checked the link and the my personal page with the style disabled.

AdinaBabesh wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:38 pm
Did u access the link from different browsers, phone, computer?

MSCA-IF-CAR_2018

Post by MSCA-IF-CAR_2018 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi, I am wondering of you have the following fields (empty for the moment) in the personal page with disabled style:

"GA based on the: -

Start Date:"

Good luck to all
Best