2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

sound

Re: 2018 Marie Curie Individual Fellowship (H2020-MSCA-IF-2018)

Post by sound » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 am

I am surprised noone is speculating the NCP's are wrong about the dates and that it could be tonight :P

Rosenstiel

Post by Rosenstiel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:40 am

sound wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 am
I am surprised noone is speculating the NCP's are wrong about the dates and that it could be tonight :P
If that’s true, we should know within an hour!

MC_F

Post by MC_F » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:43 am

Bren wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 am
Obviously you don't see why, like way too many people you are ignorant of British history in Ireland and assume that any support of Brexit must come from an anti EU stance. Allow me to explain before I hit the hay.

Brexit makes the United Kingdom as a political entity untenable because Scotland will seek independence at the first opportunity and seek to join the EU. Consequently the unification of my country becomes inevitable. I'm an Irish republican, my primary political interest is the removal of the British border in Ireland and the termination of the political, military and civil occupation of my country by the British. Brexit provides the best opportunity to bring Ireland North and South together, for the betterment of all. I'm very pro EU, but I would much rather have a United Ireland in an EU that doesn't include Britain(England & Wales really) than have a divided Ireland in an EU that includes Britain.

MC_F wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:15 am
Bren wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:56 pm
I really support Brexit, but I hate that it could mess up peoples fellowships, and mine too if I get it. Hopefully they can sort something out to cover this MCSA batch at the very least.

If you really support Brexit, I don't see why you should be bothered applying for an European fellowship....there are other options out there
Okay..I am not sure that Ireland could be finally unified thanks to Brexit but at least I can feel your pain..

Bren

Post by Bren » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:46 am

No pain. And it will be.

:)
MC_F wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:43 am
Bren wrote:
Obviously you don't see why, like way too many people you are ignorant of British history in Ireland and assume that any support of Brexit must come from an anti EU stance. Allow me to explain before I hit the hay.

Brexit makes the United Kingdom as a political entity untenable because Scotland will seek independence at the first opportunity and seek to join the EU. Consequently the unification of my country becomes inevitable. I'm an Irish republican, my primary political interest is the removal of the British border in Ireland and the termination of the political, military and civil occupation of my country by the British. Brexit provides the best opportunity to bring Ireland North and South together, for the betterment of all. I'm very pro EU, but I would much rather have a United Ireland in an EU that doesn't include Britain(England & Wales really) than have a divided Ireland in an EU that includes Britain.

MC_F wrote:

If you really support Brexit, I don't see why you should be bothered applying for an European fellowship....there are other options out there
Okay..I am not sure that Ireland could be finally unified thanks to Brexit but at least I can feel your pain..

MC_F

Post by MC_F » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:57 am

MC_F wrote:
Bren wrote:

MC_F wrote:

I have just read that you assumed that I am ignorant about British history in Ireland (I missed that part before). Well, I am not even going to argue with someone who judges people without even knowing them. About this topic, I am just going to say that my comment was completely appropriate, given that we are talking about an European fellowship and you stated that you really support Brexit. I did not judge you at all, I have only asked you a simple question. You don't know me but you assumed/presumed that I was ignorant about history...I think you should be more careful about what you say...and that's it from me.

Kitten

Post by Kitten » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 am

Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, just bemoaning my own woes :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bren

Post by Bren » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 am

In your first post you stated that "I shouldn't apply for an EU fellowship", now you say that I "should be careful what I say"....quite the little dictator now aren't we. Kinda proves my point. Sleep well old chap.

quote=MC_F post_id=4439 time=1549324671 user_id=400]
MC_F wrote:
Bren wrote:

I have just read that you assumed that I am ignorant about British history in Ireland (I missed that part before). Well, I am not even going to argue with someone who judges people without even knowing them. About this topic, I am just going to say that my comment was completely appropriate, given that we are talking about an European fellowship and you stated that you really support Brexit. I did not judge you at all, I have only asked you a simple question. You don't know me but you assumed/presumed that I was ignorant about history...I think you should be more careful about what you say...and that's it from me.
[/quote]

Bren

Post by Bren » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:01 am

We love you Kitten!!!!

quote=Kitten post_id=4440 time=1549324860 user_id=205]
Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, just bemoaning my own woes :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
[/quote]

Azhar

Post by Azhar » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 am

Try to sleep guys.. :evil: :evil:

Raman

Post by Raman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:58 am

Can't access the portal nor out of date link. Everyone getting the same??